Join now - be part of our community!

Sound Level when watching DVD's

chufferclive
Visitor

Sound Level when watching DVD's

Hi All,
I have a VPCEB1Z0E Vaio.
I realise the sound quality isn't going to be fantastic and i'm not complaining about the quality! but does anybody else have a problem with the level????
to even hear the computer it has to be turned up FULL and even then if there is a little noise in the room you cannot hear the thing.
t seems to be mainly when playing DVD's...why have a blu-ray drive that you cant hear from??
thanks

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Welcome to ClubVaio ChufferClive,

Have you installed the correct Codec pack ?

chufferclive
Visitor

Hi,
I have not installed any codec packs/drivers etc....
how can i check to see ??
if i need to i will need basic instructions lol :smileygrin:

i've only had the laptop for a few weeks???

thanks

profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Hi,

Based in our website, the original OS in your Vaio is Windows 7.

You can download the original Windows 7 Codec Pack 2.5 here . Also, a general explanation about codecs can be founded.

Also, right click on the Volume icon on the Tray, choose Sounds - Communications tab, make your selection, Apply, OK, done.

or

Go to the Control Panel (Windows, not sound card), then Hardware and Sound, and then Sound. Now go to the Communications tab, there you will see a drop-down list titled "When Windows detects communications activity:" Change this to "Do nothing" and then Windows will stop messing with your volume levels.

I found this easily on internet.

Please, tell us if the sound level had been improved.

chufferclive
Visitor

Hi,

Based in our website, the original OS in your Vaio is Windows 7.

You can download the original Windows 7 Codec Pack 2.5 here . Also, a general explanation about codecs can be founded.

Also, right click on the Volume icon on the Tray, choose Sounds - Communications tab, make your selection, Apply, OK, done.

or

Go to the Control Panel (Windows, not sound card), then Hardware and Sound, and then Sound. Now go to the Communications tab, there you will see a drop-down list titled "When Windows detects communications activity:" Change this to "Do nothing" and then Windows will stop messing with your volume levels.

I found this easily on internet.

Please, tell us if the sound level had been improved.

Hi itbroker ,

i've downloaded the codec and also altered the sound but it does not seem to make any difference!! perhaps i'm expecting too much ?
thanks