Join now - be part of our community!

sound problem pcg-fr415m

K-tch
Visitor

sound problem pcg-fr415m

Hi,

I have a tiny problem with my VAIO
when I am playing mp3 songs with winamp (not that i use another prog to play them) sometimes the sound goes somewhat slower for a second or 2 en then returns to normal.

It doens't happen with the sound of dvd's or divx movies, nor with the sound of games, just mp3. It's a little annoying.

It is not caused by processor overload, but it happens more often when I scroll down a page for example. Any tips ?

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Does the same happen in Windows Media Player?

K-tch
Visitor

Yes it does,

and I just updated media player to the latest version.

kee-lo_

Have you tried reinstalling your soundcard?

K-tch
Visitor

Ok, have I reinstalled the audio driver. The problem is not gone.

The driver I now installed seems to be another one than I had before; but doesn"t solve the problem.

Thx for your time,

K-tch

TygerTyger
Visitor

Are you running lots of programs in the background......or anything taking up lots of processor time? It sounds like Winamp isn't able to read off the hard drive fast enough.

kee-lo_

I would send it in to Sony

K-tch
Visitor

No, I am not running a lot in the background. Just the stuff that loads ( norton antivirus) at startup, messenger and browsing.

I know that the harddrive is slow, but playing a stupid mp3 ... but it in the ram mem and winamp doesn't need my harddrive.

Sending it in ... *sigh* ... this is the only problem, all the rest works great, I'm really happy with it. ( 0 broken pixels )
I don't think it's worth it.

Could it me my mp3 codec? Although I doubt this.

kee-lo_

I doubt it too.

I guess you could try running Spybot S&D and Ad Aware

K-tch
Visitor

I've done an ad-aware scan and a virus scan. No help.

I just purchased a Maxtor external Harddrive (dv 5000) and placed mp3's on that drive and played them from there : no help.

So I think it's not the harddrive's problem. I still think it is a software related thing.

I might to a system format and use the restore dvd's ... . That means a load of work, deleting the progs I don't want, reinstalling the ones I want.
If that doesn't work ... no option but sending the laptop to Sony. And I can't miss a working computer.

*sigh*

Thx for all your time guys.

Greetzz.