Join now - be part of our community!

Start up problem VGN - S1VP

hollikev
Visitor

Start up problem VGN - S1VP

My laptop has shown a progressive problem where on pushing the power button it has not shown the vaio sign and noise and either hung with a black screen or with the windows xp login screen . It has taken several tries to get it to start up properly; meaning I had to hold down power to shut it down then press again to start. :cry:
It may be connected with the ATI software or it may be a simple failure. Any advice please tonight (Wed 18th) on how to get it to start up?:smileyconfused: This may allow me to go in and do some backing up!!
Otherwise I will be onto technical for help in the morning.
Battery and ac seem ok.
Thanks
Hagrid

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Don't worry about that
Sorry to hear you lost data, it's a bummer isn't it?

Best of luck with the repairs

hollikev
Visitor

Yes bummer - but I've been lucky with files I've sent out I can ask for a copy back and luckily on photo's I had mostly saved a copy onto my imac too. Biggest loss is contacts in outlook, probably - but even there it may be time for a clean out.
I'm trying to stay positive!
Biggest worry now is how to back up in future but that should probably be a new thread!

Cheers
HAgrid

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Glad all isn't lost.

WinZip is good for backup.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Commiserations Hagrid and welcome to the club of those that learn the benefit of backups the hard way. I hope that it is all sorted soon.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
hollikev
Visitor

:slight_smile: :smileygrin: :laughing:
Just wanted to update you all on how things ended up.
Laptop is back - apparently fixed AND I did not lose data while out on repair.
I don't know what was fixed as the onscreen report just says they replaced COMPLETE MBX109 (M9_32)(S) - Don't know what that is?!

Anyway if anyone does let me know.
Second thing - maybe should be new thread? does anyone have recommendation on software/hardware that does timed/phased back ups so I don't forget and keep data separately?
Cheers,
Hagrid