Join now - be part of our community!

start up programs

mark.wood20
Visitor

start up programs

ok so this may be a very simple request, but i cant find out how to do it. evry time i start up my new A215Z yahoo messenger start up automatically and has to be closed down each time, i have tried looking in programs/start up both under my own user name and all users but cannot find yahoo messenger in fact the only item in there is info centre, so how do i stop yahoo messenger starting every time windows starts as i have no intention of using it

9 REPLIES 9
Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Hi Mark.

Go to START>RUN then type msconfig

Look under the start up tab and see if you can disable it from there

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Have a look in Yahoo! Messenger's options too, I remember them having a tick box to stop that

mark.wood20
Visitor

i have managed to disable it in msconfig, but upon restarting i get a message telling me i have altered windows start up options and it has automatically started msconfig telling me to set it back to default to undo the changes i have made ??

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

OK. Go back and tick the box to enable it again. Then have a look under the Yahoo messenger's properties. As Kee-Lo has said there should be an option to switch it off from there

mark.wood20
Visitor

problem there is that i can find no properties or simalar tab on yahoo messenger

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Normally I click on OK and it goes away (the changes box that is, not Yahoo!)

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

Is the icon in the task bar next to the clock? Aren't there any options from there?

mark.wood20
Visitor

no. no options from there

Twisted-Rizla
Visitor

OK. Have a look at This site for some pointers.