Join now - be part of our community!

Stolen Laptop Serial Number

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
John394
Visitor

Stolen Laptop Serial Number

I've just been burgled and our laptops stolen, Mine was a Vaio VGN-NS20S/S, is the serial number on the original carton, I have this and there are several numbers, the one number starts SO1, the laptop was bought in July 2009 in Solihull from Comet, could it be traced at all?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi John,
The number starting SO1 is the second part of the serial number (the seven digit part). The fist 8 digits (if a UK model) will be 28xxxxxx (this is also on the box – usually above the SO1 number, giving a complete serial number along the lines of 28282261-xxxxxxx.
If you still have problems and the Vaio has been registered then give Support a call on 0905 0310006 (Fixed: 0.35£/min) and they should be able to assist.
It may also be advisable to call the above number and ask that your Vaio is added to the stolen database.
Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
mithcd
Visitor

Hi. Quick question. "It may also be advisable to call the above number and ask that your Vaio is added to the stolen database."

If they have the information needed, what would be done at this point? https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/vmware_happy.gif

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi John,
The number starting SO1 is the second part of the serial number (the seven digit part). The fist 8 digits (if a UK model) will be 28xxxxxx (this is also on the box – usually above the SO1 number, giving a complete serial number along the lines of 28282261-xxxxxxx.
If you still have problems and the Vaio has been registered then give Support a call on 0905 0310006 (Fixed: 0.35£/min) and they should be able to assist.
It may also be advisable to call the above number and ask that your Vaio is added to the stolen database.
Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat