Join now - be part of our community!

Stolen Vaio :(

MetalGear
Visitor

Stolen Vaio :(

Hi.

I had my house broken into and someone stole my vaio... not good.... is there some way I can get sony to email me my registration details? It will sho the Vaio registered to my name and address and the serial number. I will need this for the insurance. I guess it will also show when the vaio was registered so prove it wasnt done recently.

Thanks in advance,

4 REPLIES 4
Sam1603
Visitor

Is it your registration ID you need?
As i have just registared my new viao and your ID is the same as your serial number to your laptop.
You may be able to find this info on your laptop box or instructions, unless you have personally write it down somewhere.

Hope that helps

Sam1603
Visitor

Oh and im sure if you email sony and explain the situation they will email you your registration details. just make sure the email address you have now is the one you registared your sony vaio with

MetalGear
Visitor

well, i just need some kind of print out of my registration details that also shows the serial number linked to this user.

i'll email them and see what they can send me.

thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Metal Gear,

I'm sorry to read that your Vaio has been stolen.. :slight_frown:

I've sent you a private message, use the following link to view: Your Private messages

You should be able to find your serial number using the following link: Vaio registration page ..

You will also need to report the theft to the police, if you've not done this already, (make sure the serial number of your Vaio appears on the report)..

- the serial number of your stolen VAIO..
- a copy of the police report (make sure the serial number of your Vaio appears on the report)..
- contact details of the police department handling the theft..

Once you have reported your Vaio to the Police and have the required information above contact Sony Vaio-support.

You can contact vaio support either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 2: Select your VAIO model, next to Select Model Category - Select your model series from the drop down list.

Then next to Select Model

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Get In Touch to report your VAIO as stolen, then they can place your Vaio onto the stolen database ..

Also it may be worth checking your contact details are correct as Sony may wish to contact you, you can check your contact details using the following link: registration details.. :slight_smile: