Join now - be part of our community!

Strange overheat issue! Sony Vaio VPC - EB3S1E

profile.country.sv_SE.title
BatchMak3r
Visitor

Strange overheat issue! Sony Vaio VPC - EB3S1E

Just baught my Sony Vaio VPC - EB3S1E

Im playing Modern warfare 3 without any signs of lags, all in all , everything i use on it runs smoothly!

But then 2 days ago i had 2 bluescreens due to overheat. my GPU went up to about 92 degrees celcius..

And now in "idle" mode its about 70 degrees at all times :S Cant understand what might cause this unless the fans are filled with dustballs etc.. I even tried to underclock everything but no succes, so what i want here is to ask you all for help!

As u see in the picture i attached you'll see that i got nothing on

Thanks in advance  /Alex

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.nl_BE.title
Sniper_at_w0rk
Explorer

I have the same problem.

But I have mine almost 2 years.

I have no idea about my GPU, but my CPU also reaches 92 degrees celsius.

And I also have a problem with my battery.

I'm thinking of returning it to the store this summer holiday and see what they can do about it.

Message was edited by: Sniper_at_w0rk

profile.country.en_GB.title
suntattood
Visitor

I would say that the fan of a Vaio cannot sustain the heat of the GPU that is why playing an intensive game is not suggested.

Sniper_at_w0rk
Explorer

Maybe, but it's not only with intensive games.

Even during old, simple games he reaches at least 80 degrees celsius

At the moment it's only 50 degrees, I'm only using Chrome.

But when I play a flash game in browser or a flash video (YouTube), it goes between 65 and 80 degrees :anguished:

Edit: Bubble Witch Saga on Facebook: 82 degrees

Edit 2:

Trackmania United Forever

- preset: best

- AA 16x

- Max filtering 16x

The CPU gets 85 degrees, GPU starts at 70 degrees, after 1 minute it reaches 80 degrees

profile.country.en_GB.title
KatherineYH
Visitor

Laptops commonly have overheating problems while gaming. Online flash games shouldn't stress them too much but games like COD4 will. I noticed that you already tried blowing out the dust inside, but are you using it on a hard flat area while gaming such as a desk? The VOUUUUU sound you hear is probably your fan working hard to try and cool the laptop down.

IMO your better off getting a desktop PC for games. Outside of that, here's what to try.

-Keep free of dust inside your laptop. (From your post it appears this has already been done)

-Monitor system temps in the BIOS.

-Use only on hard flat surface such as a desk.

-Change thermal paste on CPU/GPU.

copy/pasted from someone elses response on another forum   http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f108/strange-overheating-problems-s-623593.html

Life is too serious to be taken seriously https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/text-smiley.png

Message was edited by: rich912

Sniper_at_w0rk
Explorer

Ok, maybe you're right about heavy games

But look at this:

temp.png

Taken while playing a flash game on facebook

I already contacted support and they will fix it, I hope...