Join now - be part of our community!

Subwoofer??

st.tooheavy
Visitor

Subwoofer??

Hi,
i have got a Vaio grt-915 and a strong subwoofer(logitech). now if i turn on the bass on a high level, it vibrates with my desk. can anyone tell me if this could damage my notebook?

sorry for my bad english, but i'm onla a german pupil.

greets

13 REPLIES 13
JoeB.
Visitor

the only thing you should pay attention to is your harddrive... it is quite shock resistant... but it is not resistant to constant vibrations and unpredictable sound-sources like a sub-woofer
joe

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

How about placing the subwoofer on a piece of foam?
Like the stuff they have in studios.

st.tooheavy
Visitor

The subwoofer isn't at the desk itself, its on my window-ledge and this isn't vibrating in any way. the bass has to go trough the air. can i try to put my notebook a piece of foam??

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I thought the subwoofer was on the desk with the notebook.
If it's on the window ledge there's no problem.

st.tooheavy
Visitor

but i can feel the vibrations on the case, can i ignore that?

JoeB.
Visitor

the vibrations you feel is the resistance of the open display... try not to aim the woofer in the same direction... the vibes can also bounce of the window and reflect on the display... close the display or lid of the notebook an feel if the vibrations are still the same...

joe

st.tooheavy
Visitor

tey're the same when i close the display and turn the subwoofer parallel to the window in the opposite-direction of the neotebook

JoeB.
Visitor

OK... just how many WATTS are you bouncing thru the air???

Joe

st.tooheavy
Visitor

logitech says the maximum is only 20 watts, but i turned the bass-volume on the maximum and the master volume at almost the maximum. my room is without the wall complete wood and the subwoofer is active