Join now - be part of our community!

sve14a1c5e Sony Vaio Laptop Mouse-Pad issues

profile.country.da_DK.title
Gheotic
Visitor

sve14a1c5e Sony Vaio Laptop Mouse-Pad issues

I have a problem with new Sony Vaio e14 laptop that I just recently brought. My mouse pad on my laptop doesn’t work very well, it kinda disable itself when i press down a key on my keyboard. Some of them it does work but most of them it doesn’t.

It takes about ½sec from i press a button till it stops moving on my screen.

It does work with perfectly fine with my USB Mouse.

The reason to I really want to get this problem solved is because I find it very annoying while playing games e.g. Counter strike, Minecraft, Battlefield, browser game and lots of other games.

I have made a picture with a very similar computer just a different model but it have the same keys.

All the green keys do work with my mouse pad and all the red keys don’t.

I have talked to the local sony store, and he was pretty sure that it was an option that just avoid you move the mouse while typing, but he didn't have any idea how to disable it.

Computer:

sve14a1c5e

see all the specs at http://mobile-comput...a1c5e-n73963824

Message was edited by: Gheotic

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Gheotic,

If you local store is correct in that this is caused by a touchpad option it will probably be ‘Palm Check’’.

You can alter the settings for this by opening Control Panel > Mouse > Device Settings tab > Settings > Expand Sensitivity > PalmCheck.

You can decrease sensitivity by moving the slider to the left but I am not aware of any settings to turn this off completely.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.da_DK.title
Gheotic
Visitor

It still dosn't work with my keyboard, but i very apreciate your time 😃