Join now - be part of our community!

sve1711c5e caps lock delay intermittent

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
vaio17sve
Visitor

sve1711c5e caps lock delay intermittent

Hi, this issue is driving me up the wall, after an uppercase letter nothing appears until a pause has passed, it is also displaying the small grey box above time/date, have tried windows update, wiondows fix, factory reset etc, nothing removes it permanently, there must surely be a way to stop this glitch, microsoft state it is not a windows 7 issue, any experts out there? cheers M

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
vaio17sve
Visitor

laptop went into Hereford Sony centre saturday 24th I collected it today, problem solved....theres a man in there called Ben, the next Bill Gates I reckon, he went through all the posted remedies/tips, none worked, he found it was the Bluetooth software, some kind of conflict. Excellent customer care from the Hereford store.

Mark

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi vaio17sve,

We have has this question asked before and flyingxk (Chris) managed to solve it on his model. Have a look at this link to see whether it helps.

https://www.sony-europe.com/discussions/message/794850

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
vaio17sve
Visitor

Hi Rich, Ive already read that post, I have stated that I already tried the various windows options....trouble is it is not a windows 7 glitch, it is a Sony one, friends and family have windows 7 premium/ultimate on their laptops yet none have this issue....

M

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi vaio17sve,

It is strange that apart from the link I provided I am not aware of any other reports of this issue. I assume that you have carried out a FULL virus scan?

If you are convinced that this is a sony driver/utility problem then I suggest you try some troubleshooting procedures.

First try booting in Safe Mode and see whether the problem still exists.  If it doesn't then try a selective startup using system configuration (msconfig). Disable all Sony startup items on the Startup tab and Services tab and reboot.

If all is then OK you will need to enable each Sony Startup item/Service one at a time followed by a reboot to determine which one is causing the problem - a long winded process but may identify the culprit.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
vaio17sve
Visitor

laptop went into Hereford Sony centre saturday 24th I collected it today, problem solved....theres a man in there called Ben, the next Bill Gates I reckon, he went through all the posted remedies/tips, none worked, he found it was the Bluetooth software, some kind of conflict. Excellent customer care from the Hereford store.

Mark

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Excellent news Mark.

Well you learn something new every day – I would never have thought of a Bluetooth conflict. Was it just a matter of turning off Bluetooth?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat