Join now - be part of our community!

SVT131a11m ultrabook wireless adapter poor performance

tsinnet
New

SVT131a11m ultrabook wireless adapter poor performance

Hi , I am having trouble with my wireless adapter for this laptop and wondering if I can swap it out for a newer AC card . I have just set up a new ASUS RT u66 AC Router which is amazing compaired to my older Dlink . I use the virginmedia superhub 2 in modem mode and on 60Mbps speed .  There are another 2 laptops in the home which are achiving close to the highest speeds but my Viao SVT131A11M is not .

Also I am having problems with the sigal dissapearing all together and have to reboot then reconnect to the network .

I am so dissapointed in this notebook . The reason I upgraded my router was to give the household better wifi but my device still behaves badly .  My main question is this , can I swap the wireless adapter card for a better one ?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.nl_NL.title
hvkduke
New

yes you can replace it with the intel ac7260. Install in map de intel drivers before replace it. Grtz

Henk

shalober
New

hi, 

i am using exactly the same the same model. my keyboard is broke and will appreciate if i am directed towards the right place or website or adress

regards

profile.country.nl_NL.title
hvkduke
New

hello shalober,

You can't replace the keyboard yourself. There are no video or manuals to do it yourself on the internet. It's a pitty but I don't know the solution for that. Maybe contact your local sony dealer. Grtz. Henk