Join now - be part of our community!

SZ2XP case falling to pieces

SZ2XP case falling to pieces

Ive had my SZ2XP for 6 months no and Im having real problems

Despite taking great care of the machine,never dropping it, always keeping it in a case, the left hand side of the machine is very loose.

It is now so bad that the whole side comes away by merely touching the CTRL or Shift keys. I have had problems with Sony service before and I dread sedning it to them. As far as Im concerning its clearly a manufacturing/materials defect, but I don think they will say that. I dont even want to send it to them for them to either quote a silly amount or say I damaged it and charge me the fee just for looking at it.

Has anyone had any experience of this defect at all? If so what did you do etc

Im really pissed off having spent so much, that its falling too pieces like a cheap lump of rubbish.

Many thanks

Andy

2 REPLIES 2
apierc1
Visitor

You are probably best phoning Vaio-Link support, explaining your problem and that the fault has occured with out any good reason, if you had dropped the machine I would expect there would be some marks or something where you had dropped it, so if the casing all looks fine with no marks and dents, no stress or fatigue fractures then there is no reason they shouldn't mend your machine. The other option is to take it to an independant computer shop (I have used Sony Center before, they are not owned by Sony) and get them to have a quick look to see what they make of the problem, at least then when you phone Vaio-Link you can say you have been somewhere like that and they agree that it seems faulty.

Andy

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Ive had my SZ2XP for 6 months no and Im having real problems

Despite taking great care of the machine,never dropping it, always keeping it in a case, the left hand side of the machine is very loose.

Hi Andy,

You'll need to contact Vaio-Link to arrange a repair.. :slight_frown: