Join now - be part of our community!

T1XP Touchpad Scrolling?

AkhilStyle
Visitor

T1XP Touchpad Scrolling?

I used to be able to scroll by tapping the right hand side of the touchpad however i cannot anymore. Is there a setting anywhere?

Thanks
Akhil

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Have a look at Start > All Programs > Sony Notebook Setup (or Notebook Control). On the Touchpad tab click Touchpad settings and in the next window go to the Function tab > Scroll Setting.

The exact details may be slightly different for you model.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
AkhilStyle
Visitor

Hello,

Thanks for the relpy, i go into notebook setup, and click the device tab, and click pointing device and settings but it doesnt have a function for scrolling.

Thanks
Akhil

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Strange. Try Control Panel > Mouse. Do you have a Function tab on the Mouse properties window and is there a scroll setting option?

If not go to Device Manager Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager. Under Mice and other pointing devices do you have a PS/2 pointing device listed or a Standard PS/2 mouse?

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
tractorboy
Visitor

Strange. Try Control Panel > Mouse. Do you have a Function tab on the Mouse properties window and is there a scroll setting option?

If not go to Device Manager Control Panel > System > Hardware tab > Device Manager. Under Mice and other pointing devices do you have a PS/2 pointing device listed or a Standard PS/2 mouse?

I have lost the scroll function, i have a sony vaio vgn-fs115b.:smileysad:

tractorboy
Visitor

Under my mouse properties it says :
manufacture: Alps electric

is it hell working correctly

i have no installation cd and can't find a website with the driver for my laptop sony vaio vgn-fs115b:smileycry:

AkhilStyle
Visitor

Theres no functions tab

It says i have a alps wide pointing device for VAIO

Thanks for taking time to help I appriciate it :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

AkhilStyle,

The “Alps wide pointing device for VAIO” may be the correct pointing device for your model but to check you need to find the device ID.

Open System Information (Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Information).

Navigate to Components > Input > Pointing Device and look for Hardware Type: PS/2 Port Pointing Device. Next to the device ID you will see a value that should include one of the device values listed below, e.g. ACPI\SNY9009.

*sny9001.DeviceDesc= "Alps Pointing-device for VAIO"
*sny9002.DeviceDesc= "Alps Pointing-device for VAIO"
*sny9006.DeviceDesc= "Alps Film Pointing-device for VAIO"
*sny9009.DeviceDesc= "Alps Wide Pointing-device for VAIO"
*sny900A.DeviceDesc= "Alps Wide Pointing-device for VAIO"
*sny900C.DeviceDesc= "Alps Wide Pointing-device for VAIO"
*pnp0f03.DeviceDesc= "Alps Pointing-device"
*pnp0f13.DeviceDesc= "Alps Pointing-device"
*pnp0f0e.DeviceDesc= "Alps Pointing-device"
*pnp0f0b.DeviceDesc= "Alps Pointing-device"
*pnp0f12.DeviceDesc= "Alps Pointing-device"

As far as I can tell from the Apls Apfiltr.inf file the Function tab should be enabled for all of the above devices, so it may be a matter of re-installing the drivers. You will find them either at C:\Drivers\Touchpad or in the Touchpad folder of the pre-installed drivers download from Vaio-Link.

tractorboy,

i have no installation cd and can't find a website with the driver for my laptop sony vaio vgn-fs115b

You will also find the drivers in the pre-installed drivers download for your model. They are in the Pointing folder.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
tractorboy
Visitor

Rich912 Thankyou so much for your time and patience! I have re-installed the driver (touchpad) after finally finding it in the pointers folder, CHEERS MATE:smileyhappy:

tractorboy
Visitor

Rich912 Thankyou so much for your time and patience! I have re-installed the driver (touchpad) after finally finding it in the pointers folder, CHEERS MATE:smileyhappy: