Join now - be part of our community!

TOSHIBA BLUETOOTH STACK FOR WINDOWS - UPDATE DRIVERS

costastg
Visitor

TOSHIBA BLUETOOTH STACK FOR WINDOWS - UPDATE DRIVERS

Is there a link for the latest drivers for Toshiba Bluetooth for Windows? I have the preinstalled drivers (for my FZ11M) but they act weird. Is anyone of the moderators of club VAIO knowing where I could get the latest drivers?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi costastg.

You already have the most up to date Toshiba Bluetooth Driver Version 5.1.1225.0.

All later Sony Vaios (FZ21, AR51 etc.) have moved to the Broadcom Driver. Your FZ11 was the last model with the Toshiba Driver installed.

I have looked quickly on Google and cannot find an updated driver even on the Toshiba site.

All I can suggest is that you just reinstall V 5.1.1225.0 if your current installation 'acts wierd'.

:wink:

costastg
Visitor

Can I uninstall the toshiba drivers and install the broadcomm ones? If so how?Thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I honestly don't know if that would work or if it would cause big problems.

Technically, all you need to do is to go to Device Manager and Uninstall the bluetooth driver. You then need to download and try to install the Bluetooth Driver 6.1S3Q108 - 6.1.0.2000 from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/preinstalled/preinstalled.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&c=0&s=VGN...

It may work - or it may wreck your Bluetooth - the choice is yours.

:thinking: