Join now - be part of our community!

Touchpad buttons on my new vaio not working

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
sjsmith1969
Visitor

Touchpad buttons on my new vaio not working

Hi all,

New to the forum as i only purchased my Vaio ( VPC-EB4X0E) last week.

I have a problem with it, neither of the buttons below the touchpad work?

I've tried everything to get them working from uninstalling the drivers to trying all manner of configurations on the tabs within the control panel and nothing is working.

When i plug in an external mouse the mouse works fine and everything is as it should be....

When i uninstall the drivers the buttons work but when you click with either button i also get the shortcut menu appear?

Any help you can give would be great, I’ve tried the Sony blurb that says restart using F10 and if the buttons work then it needs a service but it’s a brand new out of the box machine so I'm sure it shouldn’t need a service this easily on..

Thanks in advance

Steve    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Steve,

You seem to have tried all the usual methods of resolving this problem.

The only thing I can suggest is that you return your machine to factory defaults using the recovery utility. To access this tap F10 when you see the Vaio logo and follow the instructions. You will lose all personal data so backup anything you require. You will also lose all third party programs that you have installed – these will need reinstalling.

If the touchpad buttons then still don’t work then it is a hardware problem and your options are to either return the Vaio to your retailer for a replacement or refund, or contact Sony Support for a repair.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Steve,

You seem to have tried all the usual methods of resolving this problem.

The only thing I can suggest is that you return your machine to factory defaults using the recovery utility. To access this tap F10 when you see the Vaio logo and follow the instructions. You will lose all personal data so backup anything you require. You will also lose all third party programs that you have installed – these will need reinstalling.

If the touchpad buttons then still don’t work then it is a hardware problem and your options are to either return the Vaio to your retailer for a replacement or refund, or contact Sony Support for a repair.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
mathewlisett
Visitor

Dont forget it only takes 1 conflict driver or os update to really make things unhappy and go out the window.

if the OP knows how to back up their data and use driver baclup software first, they could do a fresh format/ install and then use the same driver software to restore the drivers and see if that helps.

also whats the os. and do they have windows update on for automatic download, as we all know (the people that have experince in the area) that MS updates are not perfect and can and will install stuff you dont want