Join now - be part of our community!

Touchpad problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
alberry45
Visitor

Touchpad problem

Hi

I hope someone can help. I have bought two PCG-71312M series laptops.

Both seem to have the same problem - the touchpads seem to have minds of their own. This is most annoying when connected to the internet - pages skip back & change seemingly on thier own. The magnification settings also change on their own. Sony support suggested reinstalling the drivers which I did and it has made no difference. If you use an external mouse via USB there is no problem.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I have just found this in your User Guide.  It is the 'Flick' featire that I was thinking about.  You can disable these features in Vaio Control Centre -> Touchpad.

Pointing.jpg

This is Page 34 of your User Guide which is downloadable here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/Notebooks/VPCE/VPCE_H_EN.pdf

:wink:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I presume you have looked at the touchpad mouse properties and deselected the web features (where the top corners activate the back-page function)?

Apart from this, it does rather sound like a touchpad hardware problem where pressure somewhere on the palmrest or keyboard is activating a touchpad function.

I would go back to Sony Support and tell them new drivers do not help and ask them to fix it.

Incidentally, it may be a good idea to quote a valid Vaio model or you will never find any updates or anything else on Sony wesites.  You seem to be quoting the chassis type which is shared by several  models.  I guess your model type will be something like VPCEB1MOE

Modelname.png

profile.country.en_GB.title
alberry45
Visitor

Thanks - model number is VPCEB1EOE - so many on the machine it's confusing

I think I have cured the zoom problem - I have disabled the pinch zoom function in mouse properties

I can't seem to find the web page back function you have suggested in mouse properties

Can you give some guidance please so I can try this before contacting support again

Thanks very much for your help so far

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Sorry, your model has an Alps driver and this feature appears to have been withdrawn.  The Synaptics driver appears to have more features. 

All I can suggest is that you play around with the touchpad properties and see if you can find an acceptable solution.  If not you should contact Sony Support.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I have just found this in your User Guide.  It is the 'Flick' featire that I was thinking about.  You can disable these features in Vaio Control Centre -> Touchpad.

Pointing.jpg

This is Page 34 of your User Guide which is downloadable here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/Notebooks/VPCE/VPCE_H_EN.pdf