Join now - be part of our community!

Touchpad Stops Responding on VAIO SVS1313C5E

damatt8
New

Touchpad Stops Responding on VAIO SVS1313C5E

Hi All,

I bought my Viao about 3 months ago and pretty much since the off the touchpad has been a little off. There will be times when my touchpad will stop responding entirely and will take sometime (anywhere from 5 second to >1min) to start working again. Sometimes disabling the touchpad with the Fn Key will bring it back quicker but this does not always work and the key in its own right will be unresposive as it does not bring the tool tip up until the touchpad starts working again.

Also sometimes the extra features on the touchpad will stop working, such as mutli touch gestures like scrolling and tap feature. It seems to be as if the driver will stop responding and either features or the entire touchpad will be disabled until the driver restarts.

I have used various different settings on the touchpad, including turning off the disable touchpad on type feature and I have the most up to date driver from the Sony Website (which were in fact the ones it shipped with)

This is a Windows 8 Model and everything else is up to date. Note the laptop itself does not hang as programs are still runnung fine and if I have a mouse plugged in at the time, this mouse still works. When it does this also seems to be completely random however I have noticed it happens slightly more often after resuming from sleep.

Does anyone else have this problem or have any ideas?

Thanks for your help

Matt

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Matt and welcome to the Sony User Community forums.

Although a software conflict is possible, it sounds to me like a hardware issue.  Sounds like a poor contact between the touchpad and the motherboard and the touchpad may need re-seating.

As your Vaio is still within warranty, I would have a chat to Sony Vaio Support and see what they recommend as the next step.  Best to get it fixed properly.

:thinking: