Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio SVE14A3C5E Wifi Problem

Vaio SVE14A3C5E Wifi Problem

I recently purchased a replacement Vaio but seem to have a problem with the wifi on the machine. It rarely remembers the wifi networks that I connect to everyday and just won't connect or drops trhe connection frequently. I have to use the Windows Network Diagnostics to get it to reconnect now and it's really time consuming and annoying. The Vaio has Windows 8 PRO and an Intel Centrino Wireless N-2230 and is using the most up to date driver.

Tags (4)
2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi bmrtraining and welcome to the Sony Users Community.

Can I ask which Internet Security Software you are using?  There seems to be a common firewall conflict caused by the preinstalled McAfee Family Protection Module if you install another Anti-Virus program without removing the McAfee using the special removal tool (MRCP.EXE).

If that doesn't cure the problem, you will need to contact Vaio Support for a solution or repair.

:thinking:

jalongs52
Explorer

I have a SVE151281EW and have had this problem since day one!  It is driving me crazy and will never  buy any Sony product ever again!!!!!!

Despite hours on the phone to Sony helpline the problem has not been resolved. The laptop has been back to Sony support desk who are convinced there is nothing wrong!!!!!

I now have a battery problem and it states that my original SONY battery is not compatible to my SONY Vaio laptop!  I'm absolutely horrified that anyone can actually get away with selling a product that doesn't work!   Admittedly Sony did walk me through how to correct the battery problem once but I have woken up this morning to this blasted message appearing again.  I have had to remove the battery and run my laptop off the mains.  I have forgotten how to make the message go away and have actually lost the will to live.  This laptop is still under guarantee and I feel that I have been sold something that is not fit for purpose and am wondering if I should seek legal advice......

Regards

Jane

PS My son has a Sony Vaio and has never had a problem connecting to my internet connection when he comes to visit me.

PPS Sorry about the rant but I have been trying to get this laptop to behave since December 2012....