Join now - be part of our community!

toupad scrooling

profile.country.en_GB.title
adam144
Visitor

toupad scrooling

hi my scrool section on my t ouch pad on my laptop isnt working when i want to scrool down i cant do itvia the touchpad thanks for help

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Adam,

Without knowing your model number it is difficult to advise, but the first thing to check is whether the correct driver is installed.

Open Device Manager and expand Mice and other pointing devices. Do you have a PS/2 Compatible Mouse listed or a Pointing device of some description?

If you have a PS/2 mouse listed then you need to update the driver.

If you have a Pointing device listed then check in Control Panel or Vaio Control Center, under the advanced Device Settings that the Scrolling feature is enabled.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
adam144
Visitor

Hi rich,

Thanks for your response , model number is vpcee2mie when i opne device manager it says i have a alphs pointing device for vaio.

I've tried control pannel before but on control center i cant find that option.

Anyway thanks for your help

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Adam,

In the hope that the Alps Pointing Device for Vaio uses the same GUI as Dell have a look at the following link:

http://www.askdavetaylor.com/how_to_change_vista_dell_trackpad_touchpad_settings_preferences.html

Otherwise hopefully someone with an Alps touchpad may be able to advise further, or you could try reinstalling the driver.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat