Join now - be part of our community!

bsod when hdmi cable is connected

profile.country.fi_FI.title
harrior
Visitor

bsod when hdmi cable is connected

I just bought a new c series laptop VPCCB2S1E (i5 sandy bridge, 4gb, fullhd screen, radeon hd 6630M). Problem is that every time I connect the HDMI cable i receive BSOD. Problem occures on clean windows intall and after all windows and vaio updates were installed. based on the crash log it seems the problem is same as here: http://communities.intel.com/thread/20439?start=0&tstart=0. Basicly the discussion states that there perhaps is a hardware problem on some circuits but it can be fixed witht some special intel hd graphics driver version. since those special drivers are not available on sony driver sites should I just take my laptop back to the sony dealer and they should deal with the problem? VGA cable works just fine.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
MadeOfMusic
Visitor

This is the exact same thing that has happened to me, I've had my CA for 2 days, and it's essential that I connect to my external screen in a high resolution! So far it allows mirror / clone view in a lower resolution that both the monitor and built in display, any attempt to alter resolution or change display set up through the Vaio, Intel or Windows controls results in BSoD with either page_fault_in_nonpaged_area for igdpmd64.sys, or system_service_exception for dxgkrnl.

I e mailed Sony last night, I've been trying to locate older Sony version drivers for the inegrated Intel HD Graphics, but can't find them, Intel's own drivers won't install because it's a Vaio.

Have you had any developments, or heard from Sony etc?

A.

profile.country.de_DE.title
Kennymccormic1
Visitor

Hello,

i have exactly the same problem with my VPCCA2C5e Notebook. Is there a workaround, yet? I've found a new driver for the Radeon 6330M but it can not be installed because it has to be modified by Sony, I think!.

Please keep me updated if you find a workaround.! The HDMI was one of the main buing aspects

Thanks a lot

MadeOfMusic
Visitor

They requested that I reset the computer to factory settings a few times, which wasted my days of installing and configuring, this did not work. They arranged a pick up, collected on Monday and returned today (Wednesday). Nothing has changed and there is no note, has been no communication whatsoever.

A.

MadeOfMusic
Visitor

My computer was returned and still didn't work. They collected it again, then phoned me yesterday to say they can find no problem with it... So I am stuck on what to do next. Anyone else have this problem?

profile.country.sv_SE.title
FredLima
Visitor

I had the same problem when connecting my new Vaio VPCCB to my Samsung TV. I tried returning the laptop but they couldn't reproduce the crash and refused to take it back. The guy said they can't guarantee the laptop would work with all TVs/monitors! I went to Sony Center and they were kind enough to lend me a demo laptop of (almost) the same model. It worked fine. I think the crucial difference was that it didn't have an "external" GPU, only the Intel GPU. I called the chain's customer support and managed to get a ticket, went back to the store to leave the laptop and they started to give me the run-around again. They agreed to try it with another TV/monitor, a Benq, and lo-and-behold, the laptop crashed. After that they were very forthcoming and I got a new Vaio. Unfortunately it had the same problem. It was clear that the problem was general so I decided to get another brand of laptop and now I'm happy but I had to take a vacation day (retroactively) to sort it all out.

So be stubborn, don't accept a faulty computer!