Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Control Centre - missing options

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Katula
Visitor

Vaio Control Centre - missing options

Hi,

I've had my Vaio (product VPCEL1E1E) for about a month now, and every time I have it unplugged the screen automatically adjusts the brightness to suit the page I'm looking at.

Needless to say its VERY annoying so I Googled how to turn this off and was directed to the Vaio Control Centre - Display Options. However under this tab I only have the HDMI Resolution Settings and nothing else.

Can someone help me with this or show me where I can reinstall the control centre so it actually works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The setting will only appear if your model has an ambient light sensor fitted.  Your settings are consistent with there NOT being an ambient light sensor so please check your specifications.

If the screen is too dark when using battery, you can manually change the default setting in Vaio Control Centre -> Power Management -> Power Options -> Advanced.  Click on 'Change Plan Settings' and Adjust Plan Brightness under the Battery Mode by moving the slider.

:wink:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The setting will only appear if your model has an ambient light sensor fitted.  Your settings are consistent with there NOT being an ambient light sensor so please check your specifications.

If the screen is too dark when using battery, you can manually change the default setting in Vaio Control Centre -> Power Management -> Power Options -> Advanced.  Click on 'Change Plan Settings' and Adjust Plan Brightness under the Battery Mode by moving the slider.

:wink:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Katula
Visitor

But I'm not talking about when I unplug it and it going dim I have it set up that way so that I dont waste battery. What I mean is when im going around different webpages and for instance the web browser takes a while to load the page its white - at this stage its very bright, then say when it loads colour or text it dims again.

And I think when I look at the Vaio Control Centre it has a lot less options than it should do on more than just the display tab?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I don't think there is anything that controls the screen as you describe.  Some models have an ambient light sensor that brightens/dims the screen depending on the amount of ambient light.  Certain models also have switchable colour modes for Standard/DVD/TV display but this changes according to the video source.

If you want to post a screenshot of your Vaio Control Centre fully expanded then others can compare it with theirs.

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
kendeson
New

I have a sony vaio vpceb4d4e i do not have sound from the speakers.

the headphones work but microphone does not work at the sound panel it tells me there are no recording divices installed how can i solve this problem