Join now - be part of our community!

Truesuite

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
andyba99
Visitor

Truesuite

I recently bought a Vaio S laptop and it keeps crashing in Chrome. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you Google this problem you will see it is widespread.

It looks like your  version of TrueSuite does not fully support the Chrome Browser.  There are some suggested solutions on the Chrome support site.

Check which vesions you have installed here: -

http://support.authentec.com/KnowledgeBase/KBview/tabid/843/ArticleId/306/Browser-Support-in-TrueSui...

:thinking:

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
threepointone
Visitor

I'm having the same problem, Recently bought my Vaio and Chrome keeps crashes with a truesuite error. is there a fix?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Both.

Have you spoken to Vaio Support on this problem?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If you Google this problem you will see it is widespread.

It looks like your  version of TrueSuite does not fully support the Chrome Browser.  There are some suggested solutions on the Chrome support site.

Check which vesions you have installed here: -

http://support.authentec.com/KnowledgeBase/KBview/tabid/843/ArticleId/306/Browser-Support-in-TrueSui...

J-to-tha-K
Visitor

Considering this problem is so wide-spread, and widely complained about - I am VERY frustrated that Sony have not made any official comment as to how to easily fix this issue. I've just emailed their customer support team, asking for a solution. But a firm as big as Sony, that charges thousands for their laptops - really should take the lead on something like this, and make a public announcement as to how to fix this.

On the Authentec site, it suggests our version of True Suite is customised for Sony, and only Sony can provide the updated version. This has left me afraid of installing their downloadable versions, and also of uninstalling the software.

Surely there should be an auto-update feature? And more so, some official and easy-to-find/implement announcement from Sony itself.

J-to-tha-K
Visitor

Furthermore, after 2.5 months, Sony haven't even had the decency to add their own reply to this thread for others with the same issue... Sony, what's the point of a Support Forum if you're not supporting anyone on it?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi J-to-tha-K.

This is a User Forum and Sony do not reply here.  It is not a Sony Support channel - it is an area for Vaio users like you and me to chat and help each other.

If you want an answer from Sony, you should contact Vaio Support which is the official support channel for your product.