Join now - be part of our community!

TV to laptop downloads

profile.country.GB.title
stehewit47
New

TV to laptop downloads

I have a VGN-FW11M laptop and would like to download a programme from my Sky+ box to the laptop so that I can then burn it to a disc. I thought I would be able to put the HDMI cable from the Sky+ box into the laptop HDMI terminal and download it but nothing happens. Is there any way to download HD or SD recordings from the Sky+ box to the laptop.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The HDMI port on your Vaio is an output only so you cannot capture video through it.

The truth is Sky try to prevent you doing this - certainly in high definition.

What outputs does your Sky Box have?  Does it have SCART, S-Video or Composite Video out?

I think you can only copy in analogue composite video resolution.  You will need to use one of the analogue Composite Video outputs above from your Sky Box and buy a USB analogue video capture device for your Vaio.  Go to amazon and search for usb video capture device - you can get them from £5 to £250.  Some even copy straight to DVD: -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Avid-Technology-Inc-8230-10063-11-Pinnacle/dp/B001918NLC/ref=sr_1_1?s=comput...

:thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
stehewit47
New

Hi Blencogo

thanks for your prompt reply. The Sky box has got both scart & s-video outputs so I`ll check out usb video capture device you mentioned. Cheers.