Join now - be part of our community!

TV-Tuner in Vaio PCV-W1

jokoloko
Visitor

TV-Tuner in Vaio PCV-W1

Hi there all,

I hope you can help me out with something I have torn my hair out for days over.
I want to install Showshifter (another PVR software instead of GigaPocket) but the software wont install due to possibly outdated drivers for my TV-Tuner card.
Now, I cant find anywhere what the make and model is of the TV-Tuner that comes with this Vaio model PCV-W1, and I think Im going mad over it. :cry:

Please help me!! :thinking:

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I'm afraid Sony have blocked the TV Card from using anything else but Gigapocket :slight_frown:

tellingd
Visitor

I'm afraid Sony have blocked the TV Card from using anything else but Gigapocket :slight_frown:

How on earth did you find that out??? :anguished:

kee-lo_

My friend has gigapocket, and we've never been able to use anything else with it, which is very frustrating, as we wanted to use something called MythTV (it's a whole media centre suite which is under the GNU public licence).

chuckalicious
Visitor

That is shocking. That's as bad as stopping CDs playing in your PC!
Sony, you should be ashamed. These PCs are supposed to help creativity etc, not hinder it!!
Prats

kee-lo_

Well, I know it's like that with the C1 series, you can't capture footage outisde Smart Capture.

jokoloko
Visitor

I am quite sure that there is a way to get it to work, but all I need is the hardware specs for the tv tuner, so that I can get updated drivers for it. But I dont want to disassemble my brand new PC in order to find out, and since I cant find any information regarding this in any documentation, I was hoping for some tips on how to get it.

I know for a fact of another user that has managed to use Showshifter with a Vaio, but it was not a W1, should it really be that difficult?

kee-lo_

On VAIO Village, there are a lot of gigapocket users, best trying there.
www.vaiovillage.com
This forum is the best place to ask.