Join now - be part of our community!

Unable To D/L Vista Drivers From Vaio Link Support Site For RC204

dc1968
Visitor

Unable To D/L Vista Drivers From Vaio Link Support Site For RC204

Hey. Am trying to download all the relevant driver/software updates for upgrading to Win Vista on the RC204 via the vaio-link support site. But the system locks up at the download software agreement page and I can't d/l anything??? Is there an alternative FTP site which I can try or has anyone else got any other ideas?? I've been trying for 2 days now and I would really appreciate any assistance! Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi dc1968,

Welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

Are you able to downloaded the Vista drivers & utilities for your RC204 from here.. :thinking:

dc1968
Visitor

Thalamus....thank you for the welcome!

With regards to the link you provided, I have tried that one too. The strangest thing happens when I click on any update link....IE7 locks up completely and I have to restart the browser to get anywhere else???? Never come across this before and have even tried turning off my security prog but with no difference? Is anyone else having the same problems or is it just me?? Thanks.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi dc1968

Do you have firefox installed on your Vaio, if are you able to download when using Firefox..?

dc1968
Visitor

Am actually trying to do this via a Dell laptop but I'll give Firefox a go on that! Thanks.

dc1968
Visitor

Ok...NO difference with Firefox. It won't connect to the FTP site no matter what I try? I am assuming that Sony support FTP site is definitely off-line??? Can anyone else access the updates?

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Shame we're not allowed to put them on another server for you....

No RA104 Vista drivers... sighs loudly.... ah well, I was never going to use Vista anywho!

dc1968
Visitor

Still getting nowhere with this and it's getting really frustrating? I set this weekend aside to try upgrading my Vaio and wasn't expecting any support problems! DOH! But still no-one seems to have confirmed for definite that the FTP links are all down????

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi

I've just checked and the server is not down - it may be a bit erratic but I think it has been available over the last few days.

Are you not able to download using the RC204? The site does check what Vaio you are using.

I am not sure what to suggest:

Try this direct link:

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/select/select.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&category=1&serie=VGC-...

In Internet Options:

1. Allow ALL cookies (or Automatic Cookie Handling)
2. In Security -> Trusted Sites -> Sites
uncheck the box "Require Server Verification ...."
ADD *.sony.co.uk to your trusted sites
3. ADD *.sony.co.uk to your trusted sites in Norton
4. Use another browser like Firefox2

:thinking:

dc1968
Visitor

Am looking at my RC204 screen right now. Have installed Firefox2 and have navigated to the d/l page for the sigmatel audio vista driver. The disclaimer screen is still up and I hit the 'agree' button a while ago. Firefox is reporting that it is 'Beginning FTP transaction' bottom left of browser.......NOTHING? Same thing happens going through the other links provided earlier? Are there not any direct FTP links so I can bypass the browser element and just d/l direct from the site? Thanks.