Join now - be part of our community!

Unable To D/L Vista Drivers From Vaio Link Support Site For RC204

dc1968
Visitor

Unable To D/L Vista Drivers From Vaio Link Support Site For RC204

Hey. Am trying to download all the relevant driver/software updates for upgrading to Win Vista on the RC204 via the vaio-link support site. But the system locks up at the download software agreement page and I can't d/l anything??? Is there an alternative FTP site which I can try or has anyone else got any other ideas?? I've been trying for 2 days now and I would really appreciate any assistance! Thanks.

18 REPLIES 18
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You can try to find what you want through:

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/Vaio/

but you may have more success trying SONY USA RC DOWNLOADS - just think about what you are doing with the US downloads as they have a different Vista Upgrade procedure there - it is an upgrade not a clean install. It uninstalls incompatible software and does an update. The European site is a clean install.

:wink:

dc1968
Visitor

You can try to find what you want through: 

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/PUB/Vaio/

Thanks...but even FTP via FlashFXP isn't working. I can log onto the FTP site ok but it still hangs when trying to list the directory contents????? Now try telling me that the FTP site is ok? Will give the US drivers a try now! Wish me luck.....

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

I have downloaded a file for your RC204 from both the web site & directly via the ftp site

Could the problem possibly be that your are using a Dell... :thinking:

dc1968
Visitor

Man....been trying both on my Dell laptop and the RC204???? This is really wacko. Can you give me the exact link that worked for you please?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Man....been trying both on my Dell laptop and the RC204???? This is really wacko. Can you give me the exact link that worked for you please?

This is an ftp link that worked for the Audio SigmaTel (Desktop)6.10.0.5290

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/OS/VistaUpgrade/Drivers/Audio/SigmaTel_6.10.0.5290(DT)/Sigmatel_6.10.0.5...

dc1968
Visitor

AARGH!!!!
Still won't work.Have even tried using ReGet on your link with no success. I know it's not a problem at this end because I've been downloading stuff as usual both right now and all weekend!
WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON??????

dc1968
Visitor

Thalamus....am beginning to wonder if this could be some weird location/isp server prob??? I'm down South and trying to FTP via a BT server....what about you mate?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi dc1968

I've sent you a PM

dc1968
Visitor

Yeah got the PM's thanks Thalamus!
Still no joy I'm afraid. Gonna give up on it for now and just torch my PC...lol.
I REALLY appreciate all of your time and effort mate!
Laters.
DC.