Join now - be part of our community!

Unable to recover or reinstal Win7.

Unable to recover or reinstal Win7.

Hi all .... or should I say Thalamus and Blenco :laughing:

Custom installed Win7 Ultimatum in English over Spanish from Vista.
Used Easy transfer and all.
Lost a lot of software or Sony aps, but no big deal.

Seems something is awry though. First sign was Panda AV has problems and I can´t resolve them.
Unable to restore from points, right back to the first since the upgrade.

Lost patience and went to reinstal Win7.
Message won´t move to second stage.

I´ve had a few warnings at a few other times trying to do things, like the Registry key could not be found, sure that has something to do with it.
Sony Support won´t help on this as its not original op system.

Should I reinstall the first recovery discs in Spanish and then try with Win7 again?
I´m concerned about this registry problem, whatever it is.

4 REPLIES 4

further info....
Place disc in.
Insall.
Get update.
Select disk 1 recovery OEM reserved.
Copies files step-1 OK.
During step two, expanding files an error message.
X Win could not prepare the computer to boot into next phase of installation.To install wind restart installatio.

Tried a few times and just the same.

slimest
Visitor

I never use upgrade installs on Windows systems. It's possible on MACs, but Windows is still not smart enough for that.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I'm not really sure what to suggest. It seems strange that it will not accept the reinstall.

I assume you have a full legal version of Windows 7 Ultimate - not an Upgrade. The full version should install OK on any system. As a last resort you may have to format C:\

Do you still have the Recovery Partition? If so try tapping F10 during boot to run the recovery from the hard disc and see if the original system will reinstall.

Are you sure your Panda Security version is Win 7 compatible?

Something is indeed odd.

:thinking:

I'm not really sure what to suggest.  It seems strange that it will not accept the reinstall.

I assume you have a full legal version of Windows 7 Ultimate - not an Upgrade. The full version should install OK on any system. As a last resort you may have to format C:\

Do you still have the Recovery Partition? If so try tapping F10 during boot to run the recovery from the hard disc and see if the original system will reinstall.

Are you sure your Panda Security version is Win 7 compatible?

Something is indeed odd.

:thinking:

Blencogo, thanks again for replying to my threads I really appreciate it.

As I have explained I had Vista HP in Spanish and bought 7 Ultimate Upgrade in English from Amazon UK and yes legal version.
Installed the 7 with custom as the only option.
I did have some issues, but they were down to lack of computer skills.

I started to have issues with Panda, first in 6 years, very good service.
Panda tried to help, but I feel it is the PC.
Had a few messages the Registry key could not be found preventing something I no cant remember.

I tried to restore the system, that would not accept it. went right back to the first update after installing 7, nothing.

Decided to try and reinstall the 7 Upgrade, but as described, it would not allow bootup at the first request in session two.

After shutting down, I find the PC goes to the black and white page asking to continue with installation or Windows 7.
It will boot up in Win 7 if I am quick, otherwise it just goes on and then eventually back to the choice.

I wanted to go to use my recovery discs which were made when in Vista HP and Spanish, but just was not sure what to do. I believed if I did this, I could then reinstal the Win 7?
I decided to not risk it until I got advice.