Join now - be part of our community!

CW series Problems

Warren-Lloyd
Visitor

CW series Problems

Hello my name is Warren and i recently bought a sony vaio laptop CW series, however at various times my laptop freezes and displays the blue windows screen where it talks about dumping temporary files and restarts my laptop, also i have had problems with the screen sleeping, some times i will turn off the screen or it will do it automatically and wont turn back on ?? so i have to turn it off or take out the battery, if anyone could help me with my problems i will be extremely grateful.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Warren,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

For the shut down problem have you checked if there is a BIOS update available for your CW.?

To check open Vaio support, either by clicking Support at the top of this page or use the following link:Vaio support

Under Log-in option 2: Select your VAIO model, next to Select Model Category - Select your model from the drop down list, in your case VPC CW.

Then next to Select Model - select the CW model that you have

Then click Log-In

Once logged select Downloads, then updates, scroll down the list to check for a BIOS update and follow the instructions..

If that does not help then I suggest you contact vaio support for further assistance.

As to your Blue screen could you supply the exact message that appears. :thinking: