markus

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Crucial are a good supplier.

feederfan
Visitor

Be warned though, unless you want to some serious GFX or Video editing, it is a complete and utter waste of time, and even if u do want to do that, your processor wont be fast enuf to support it.
Windows aims to maximise memory use, so even tho it may look like you dont have much memory available, it doesnt mean increasing it will improve performance!

mfgiesen
Visitor

it's because my macromedia studio and photoshop loads about minutes and this is gettin me angry...
so would you suggest 1GB would manage this too?
actually there are just 512MB installed and wether I am working too fast or machine is too slow. ^^

thanks,
markus

feederfan
Visitor

I use macromedia studio on my desktop and 1GB is more than enough! you definitly dont need 2GB

kee-lo_

You don't need 2GB, but when you have Photoshop and Macormedia software open you'll see a difference

TygerTyger
Visitor

Unless you have a tiny amount of RAM, no program should take minutes to load. I use Photoshop on 512Mb and it runs just fine. You have a bug in the works somewhere...

kee-lo_

When I had a 1Ghz CPU and 256MB it took around 45secs to start Photoshop 7, but that was normal for the time, so it really shouldn't take minutes on that VAIO

mfgiesen
Visitor

too late ;o)

but I will keep you informed about the performance.