Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Black screen of death on login > limited access desktop - VGN AR71S HELP!

terrortowers
Visitor

Vaio Black screen of death on login > limited access desktop - VGN AR71S HELP!

hi there, looking for help regarding a vista error, ive run all the scans, and i mean ALL OF THEM, and i know this can't be a virus

a few nights back i hibernated my Vaio Laptop, it turned the screen off and started the normal hibernate stuff, but it would not turn off the power light, so i was forced to hold the power off/on button till it shut down, it has done this before and rebooted fine so i thought nothing of it

when i booted it back up, put my password in the login screen and logged in, the laptop stayed on the "welcome *spinning circle*" screen for a few minutes (much longer than normal) then it changes to a black screen (K.S.O.D), i can see the mouse and move it about, and ctrl-alt-del still locks the computer and offers the command prompt, loading the command prompt i killed and reloaded explorer.exe and the desktop starts to load like a normal login, but everything seems slower than normal, msn messenger fails to run, my sidebar gadgets are all wierd white rectangles (probably failed to launch too) , device monitor says it stopped working, clicking "help and support" on the desktop doesnt work neither :S, worst of all, my wireless network adaptor doesnt seem to turn on at all, im currently using a different computer to get on the forums, usb drives still seem to work though :S

apparrently this is "limited access mode" something to do with a failure to access the "sens server" a random popup on the taskbar said on one of my bootup attempts, i havent had this message since. and it dissappeared before i could read it all

FAILED TO CONNECT TO A WINDOWS SERVICE
windows could not connect to the system event notification service. this problem prevents limited users from logging on to the system, as an administrative user, you can review the system event log for details about why the service didnt respond.
after this i flipped open the computer management window and clicked the event viewer, however in the main box where the events should be it is all white and says "event log service is unavailable, verify that the service is running." im stuck again now

this kinda goes beyond my skills as it is a registry and boot process problem i think

i am using windows vista 32 bit home edition

this website seems to have an answer, can anyone validate this?
http://www.techiechips.com/windows-vista-windows-xp-blank-screen-after-login/

For Windows Vista
Go to the following folders and delete the files indicated. Use Unlocker as needed.
C:\ProgramData\Application Data\Fearghus\ – delete lsass.exe
C:\ProgramData\Fearghus\ – delete lsass.exe
C:\ProgramData\Application Data\microsoft\usb2.0\ – delete usb-hi.exe
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup\ – delete kbdrv16.com
Important: Use the Create New Task or Run window as sometimes using Windows Explorer doesn’t work saying that the folder does not exist.
im nervous about doing this, as i doubt i'm infected with malware, i did run a ton of scans...... (malwarebytes, kaspersky, windows malicious tool)

i wasnt installing or uninstalling anything before i had this problem... HALP PLEASE

many thanks

terror

p.s. i'm thinking of scrapping it all and installing windows 7, but i have a 2x250gb raid in the laptop, how do i install windows 7 without murdering the hard drive setup?

0 REPLIES 0