Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Vaio VPCCW1S1E, Can't login to user account, temp profile created

pip919
Visitor

Sony Vaio VPCCW1S1E, Can't login to user account, temp profile created

Hey

My girlfriends computer last night whilst watching a movie desided it was going to give me a blue screen and then would not start up. Now after going through a very long System repair proses the machine will not allow her to login to her User account. Instead it take ages for it to try to login, then it gives a warning sound and then prepares a new desktop enviroment, and logs me on as a temp user instead. I've scanned all of her files with macfee and nortons and no viruses have come up and its booting fine now. But i still cant get onto her user profile. Does anyone have any idea how i can solve this problem? its extremely irritating to not be able to get to her account even though i know its there.

the operating system is windows 7.

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi pip919,

do you have another user profile on your Girlfriends vaio if so can you log into that one successfully.?

If not are you able to create new administrator profile for your girlfriend via control panel > Users

If so can you start up your vaio and log into the new profile.?

pip919
Visitor

hey
thanks for the help i'll try that asap and message back.
do you have any idea what could be causing it ?

pip919
Visitor

hey
thanks for that idea i've managed to set up a user profile for her to use which can be logged on.
Do you have any idea as to how i could sort the other account out ?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi pip919,

I suspect your original girlfriends user account is possibly corrupted..

Using your newly created account are you able to access any of the files contained in your original girlfriends documents folder.?

pip919
Visitor

hey

I managed to make a new profile with the temp one, and i could access the files, so i desided to delete that profile, because i was having trouble with the virus scanner it has.

Mcafee refuses to go past 5% which is becoming a real pain. do u have any idea why it would stop

pip