Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio switches back on during hibernation

profile.country.en_GB.title
dabanni87
Visitor

Vaio switches back on during hibernation

I have a new VGN NW20DEF. It is set to hibernate when I close the lid. Twice now I have discovered it had turned back on whilst the lid is closed, the first time it was quite warm inside. Last night I opened the lid after it was closed and made sure the screen was black and waited till all the sounds had stopped then closed it again. However this morning when I opened it it was on?? Is this a fault or something else? If anyone can help I would be very grateful.

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi daveeeuk,

at a guess I would expect this is caused by something listed in task scheduler, media centre update possibly. :thinking:

To open task scheduler go to Start, click on All programs, then click on Accessories followed by System tolls then finally Task Scheduler.

dabanni87
Visitor

Hi daveeeuk,

at a guess I would expect this is caused by something listed in task scheduler, media centre update possibly. :thinking:

To open task scheduler go to Start, click on All programs, then click on Accessories followed by System tolls then finally Task Scheduler.

Thank you for the reply. I have disabled 3 of the 4 entries in task scheduler, 2 were Google updates which I am sure I do not need. The other 2 are User_Feed_Synchronization- and have no idea what they are. I disabled 1 but the other whose full name is User_Feed_Synchronization-{0E626F3C-8A24-4FFB-84FD-07195C3D7244} I am unabvle to disable for some reason. It will not even let me change its settings. Is this malware?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Daveeuk,

a quick search seem to suggest that these task may be linked to seems to IE 7. :thinking:

Now you've disabled those tasks does your vaio hibernate successfully.?

dabanni87
Visitor

Hi Daveeuk,

a quick search seem to suggest that these task may be linked to seems to IE 7. :thinking:

Now you've disabled those tasks does your vaio hibernate successfully.?

Thank you so much for your interest in my problem.
A few days ago I changed the power setting to sleep when I close the lid and have had no problems since. I am now more concerned with these scheduled tasks if they are important or not and the reason why I am unable to disable the 4th one User_Feed_Synchronization-{0E626F3C-8A24-4FFB-84FD-07195C3D7244}
I am using IE8 on Windows 7.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Daveeeuk,

do you subscribe to any RSS news feeds as I think these User_Feed_Synchronization tasks may be related.. :thinking:

dabanni87
Visitor

Hi Daveeeuk,

do you subscribe to any RSS news feeds as I think these User_Feed_Synchronization tasks may be related.. :thinking:

Thank you again Thalamus. I must confess I had not heard of RSS. I have read a little about them this morning and I now assume they feed the live displays on my screen such as weather reports and clock, share prices etc?? Before I read a little on these I was of course worried about the security risk. I have noticed that you can alter the settings on them so they do not update when the computer is offline.

What do you advise me to do, enable or keep disabled.

Thanks again
Dave

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

What do you advise me to do, enable or keep disabled.

Hi Dave,

if you haven't noticed any adverse effects by disabling the tasks then I would leave as is..