Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Care/VAIO Update reinstall issues

profile.country.en_GB.title
LittleMissFlorentina
Visitor

VAIO Care/VAIO Update reinstall issues

Sony support have been absolutely terrible with this problem so hopefully someone can help me...

For the last few weeks, I've been getting a notification to say a new version of VAIO Care is available. However, the download through VAIO Update won't work - I've had error messages telling me to try again later.

Sony support told me to uninstall both VAIO Update and VAIO Care and reinstall both programs from the links on the Sony support pages.

However, once I have downloaded these files and tried to run the .exe, I am told that my computer cannot run the program and I should contact the software provider for another version.

I am running Windows 8 and my model number is SVE1512M1EW.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it - Sony have done absolutely nothing, and by suggesting I uninstall the programs, I am now even further back than I was before.

Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi LittleMissFlorentina,

There have been numerous threads on the forum reporting the same problem both for Win 7 and Win 8 operating systems -a search for Vaio Care Update will produce plenty of results.

This has been reported to Support but unfortunately we have no solution to date. Some members have managed to manually install the software by disabling all security software so this is worth a try.

Also if you have any McAfee security products in combination with other security software such as Nortons it would be advisable to uninstall all McAfee software and also run their removal tool as the combination seems to cause many download and install problems.

http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS101331

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
LittleMissFlorentina
Visitor

Thank you

ianx43
Visitor

Hi Folks

I had the same issue with the VAIO CARE update on a new SVE1511A1EB. As soon as I ran MCPR.exe to fully remove McAfee, and also disabled Norton, the update installed correctly.

Hope this helps.

Ian

profile.country.GB.title
EXSUDBURY
Explorer

For some time I have had problems with VAIO Care and despite uninstalling and re-installing it wouldn't work. I subsequently upgraded to Windows 10 and after Google searching for VAIO Care install, I downloaded the software for WIndows 8 which checked it was suitable for my computer. SInce then everything has worked OK.