Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Desktop PCV E11M Display Problems, looks like a Colourful negative photo

MauriceLynch
Visitor

Vaio Desktop PCV E11M Display Problems, looks like a Colourful negative photo

Hi, I have the above metioned Vaio Desktop. I've tried to reinstate drivers from the vaio website but my model is not listed. I believe the problem started when my wife installed a childerns game that runs 16 colour display. I've unistalled the game but can not reinstate my computer to original state. I do believe i did have 256 or 265 colours but the hightest i have at the moment is 32. Can anyone help me? Thank You in advance. regards Maurice

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Maurice Lynch,

Welcome to Club Vaio. :slight_smile:

Have you tried a system restore to a point before your wife installed the game..?

I don't recognise your Vaio model, in some cases the model code number of a VAIO can be different from the chassis code number shown on the bottom or on the rear of the unit. As your model is not mentioned in Vaio-Link, try using the following link to identify your Vaio model.. :slight_smile:

Edit: I've deleted your other similar thread.. :slight_smile:

MauriceLynch
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,
I have tried a System Restore, this doesn't fix the problem. I have also tried the link you posted and at the moment the site is undermaintenance or there is an error on the page.
Regards
Maurice

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Maurice,

Go to Start > Run then type devmgmt.msc the click ok..

What is listed in Display adapters..?

MauriceLynch
Visitor

Hello there it's Maurice again with an update. My Vaio is a VGC-V2S. By the way I opened the original attachment on a different computer and it looks great, nothing like the display i am getting on the actual computer.

Regards
:slight_frown: Maurice

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Maurice - it's difficult for us to imagine what it looks like. As you say, the original postings were OK.

Does it look like the backlight has failed? That would leave a very dark LCD image on the screen. This could be caused by the inverter or the backlight tube failing.

If you believe it has been caused by loading a 16-bit colour game, you could try uninstalling your graphics card in Device Manager and rebooting to force Windows to reinstall the drivers. You have a nVidia GeForce FX Go5700 graphics chip - find it in Device Manager:
Start -> Right-click My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager
Expand Display Adapters and right-click on your NVIDIA Card and choose uninstall .
Re-boot the Vaio.

:wink: