Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio filp 14 touchscreen problems

SOLVED
Korejcic
New

Vaio filp 14 touchscreen problems

Hello

The problem I'm facing with my SVF14N2A4E is that when it's running on battery the touch screen works perfectly but when I plug the charger in it stops working and by that i mean the touch screen just randomly cuts out. Like for example i open vaio paper and start to draw a line it draws the first bit and then just cuts out like it's not detecting anymore. 

I tried manualy updating the drivers and it worked for some time but then it just stopped again.

Can it be that some windows updates caused this issue? I refreshed my vaio, immediately installed the drivers and it worked even while plugged in. Then i did all the windows updates and the problem came back.

Oh a i noticed this too. While plugged in (touch not working) if i try to move around the start menu of windows with the touch screen sometimes for no reason vaio paper launches without even touching the icon.

Any ideas?

~ŽK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Korejcic
New

I think i narrowed down the problem. So i stumbled upon this: http://docs.esupport.sony.com/pc/SVF13N2_14N2_15N2_series/EN/contents/TP0000285500.html

This is what my eyes caught - "Move your VAIO computer away from a fluorescent light or a motor that emits electromagnetic waves."

So I did this. And it worked. My vaio is on the same table as my desktop PC. When my vaio is pluged in and charging near my desktop pc the touch screen stops responding correctly and when i move it to my bed the touch screen works normaly. So i guess this was the problem all along.

Can someone try this and see if it works for them too?

Oh and you can mark this thread as solved.

~ŽK

P.S. It's so sad that I have to reply to myself in my own thread all the time :grin:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Korejcic
New

Nevermind I found out what was the problem. It was the charger itself all along (who would've guessed). Wiggled the power cord on it and bam it suddenly works. 

Korejcic
New

I think i narrowed down the problem. So i stumbled upon this: http://docs.esupport.sony.com/pc/SVF13N2_14N2_15N2_series/EN/contents/TP0000285500.html

This is what my eyes caught - "Move your VAIO computer away from a fluorescent light or a motor that emits electromagnetic waves."

So I did this. And it worked. My vaio is on the same table as my desktop PC. When my vaio is pluged in and charging near my desktop pc the touch screen stops responding correctly and when i move it to my bed the touch screen works normaly. So i guess this was the problem all along.

Can someone try this and see if it works for them too?

Oh and you can mark this thread as solved.

~ŽK

P.S. It's so sad that I have to reply to myself in my own thread all the time :grin:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Korejcic,

Yes it is sad that you have had to reply to yourself in this thread but occasionally no members have any experience of a problem raised.

I'm please that you managed to find the cause yourself and I have marked this thread as solved accordingly.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat