Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio fs415b Problems needing solved

MORLICH
Visitor

Vaio fs415b Problems needing solved

Hi all, I thought I should make a thread on this type of laptop with all the slight problems, maybe nothing to do with Sony, but OS problems.

- Sometimes when I go to switch the laptop on it boots up (then a log off window comes up and then the laptop shuts down, on restart it boots up fine, has been doing that since I bought it but usually starts with a black screen and then switches off, weird.

- Brightness levels lowered creates a high pitched noise from screen

- The scroll on the touch pad stopped working a few days ago, anyone know how to switch it on again?

I would be very grateful for any help and advice, thanks

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

- Brightness levels lowered creates a high pitched noise from screen

Have a look at this similar thread ..

- The scroll on the touch pad stopped working a few days ago, anyone know how to switch it on again?

Go to Start > Run type devmgmt.msc and press OK, Device Manager window should open, double click Mouse and Other Pointing Devices.

Do you have a Alps pointing device listed or something different..?

If Alps pointing device is not displayed in Mouse & other pointing devices, select the 'Driver' tab and click on Update driver.

A new Hardware Update Window will appear, select Install from a list or specific location (advanced) and click next

The window now changes select 'Don't search I will choose the driver to install' and click next.

If 'Alps Pointing-device' (possibly Alps Pointing-device for Vaio) appears in the new window, select it and click next.. (if the 'Alps Pointing-device' does not appear in the list remove the tick from 'Show Compatible Hardware' and select Alps Electric from the Manufacturer column then 'Alps Pointing-device' (possibly Alps Pointing-device for Vaio) from the model column and then click next.

Wait for the driver to install then click Finish, a System Settings Change window should now appear prompting you to Restart your Computer and click Yes to restart......