Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Gate - How would you improve it?

SOLVED
profile.country.fr_BE.title
VAIOGator
Visitor

VAIO Gate - How would you improve it?

Hi all,

VAIO Gate is the launcher bar located on top of your desktop in your VAIO computer.

vg_header.jpg

What would you change? What did you dislike? What did you like?

All your feedback is welcome and would help us to improve it.

(Latest version of VAIO Gate - 2.2.1 is available here: ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/VAIO/Updates/EP0000230728.exe)

Cheers,

VAIOGator

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

am getting cross with constant breaking news and cannot work out how to disable it

Hi pukycat,

try this..

Click on the options button (right hand side of the Vaio Gate.)

In the option screen move the slider under RSS & Notification  to the left, this should stop RSS notifications..

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.en_GB.title
pukycat
Visitor

I like the idea - but am getting cross with constant breaking news and cannot work out how to disable it

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

am getting cross with constant breaking news and cannot work out how to disable it

Hi pukycat,

try this..

Click on the options button (right hand side of the Vaio Gate.)

In the option screen move the slider under RSS & Notification  to the left, this should stop RSS notifications..

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
cavanhaman
Visitor

I would like to know why my Vaio Gate does not show animation when I move the mouse over it. In another Vaio it seems malleable and follows the mouse movement. In mine however, only the icons respond to the mouse.

Also, change colors and add transparency (like Aero) would be a good addition.

Message was edited by: cavanhaman

garhwal
Visitor

Hi,

I have vaio laptop and model is VPCEB1E0E. I wonder if you could help me to solve the problem with my vaio gate. Sometime ago I was trying to update vaio gate, download the update and when launched it, it extract files and then it says that it can't update cause vaio gate is not installed on this machine. The thing is that before updating it there was vaio gate on the machine.

many many thanks in advance.

profile.country.DE.title
omniplex
Visitor

A clearer explanation how to modify which feeds are displayed would help - it took me some time to figure that out.  I deleted the original feeds and added various Heise (de) +  "The H" (uk) feeds.

If I understand the privacy statement correctly it is "spyware".  But I keep it anyway because I like the features.  I've moved all VAIO + Sony tools into the submenu (= the cube at the left edge), deleted the links to pre-installed software by third parties (evernote, etc.), and populated the main menu (= to the right of the cube) with links to software I like, e.g., MSCONFIG and IE9 64bit.

Deleting links is fun, just drag the link out of the menu bar and enjoy the sound when it vanishes... 🙂  Adding links with the shell context menu or drag & drop is also nice.

Should I download and install this manually?  I'm still at version 2.2.06080 on a German Windows 7 box.

profile.country.it_IT.title
divicos
Visitor

A big improvement would be having the possibility to move the gate at BOTTOM of the screen.

This launcher is good, so i'd like to keep it, rather than install a third party one. But as Gnome user, i'm used to have the main bar on top, even on my Windows pc. Having both bar on top doesn't fit so much..

Hope to have an answer soon.. ^^

chpilli
Visitor

Too true, I like the idea but it always, ALWAYS, plays up when you are in a browser and just want to type a search or web address in.  Gets really frustating enough to put it in my hate box. :anguished: at this rather major flaw

profile.country.NL.title
WWortel
New

I wanted to Customize my VAIO Gate and to make my own Cubes and add Applications to them. After some researching I have found a methode to do so. I have published the methode on the Sony Cummunity site [USA]. Now my VAIO Gate has 5 Cubes: VAIO, Windows7, Office-2010, Internet and Games. Each Cube has its own typical Icon and contains typical Applications. Apart from the Cubes I have also included some standard Applications in my VAIO Gate.

On how to Customize your VAIO Gate go to the Sony Community site [USA] and search for 'Customizing VAIO Gate'