Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO LINK DOES NOT WORK

amj.designs
Visitor

VAIO LINK DOES NOT WORK

I HAVE NOTICED THAT EVERYTIME I PRESS THE VAIO LINK(THE ONE THAT IS DIRECTLY OPPOSITE TO PROGRAMS ) IT OPENS BUT DOES NOT SEND ME TO THE PAGE AS IT USED TO.CAN SOMEONE HELP?THANKS

22 REPLIES 22
amj.designs
Visitor

It's just a shortcut nothing special

Nothing personal but you are wrong, it's a program wich checks for updates, downloads and install the updates. So yes it is very special.

Why do you think we don't want to go to vaio website to check for updates.....well what about a program wich should work should ckeck download and install updates automatically. I, and I think also a lot of other people prefer automatically instead of checking every week or whatever if there are important updates....:smileyconfused:

About the problem, you can fix it by recovering everything. Sony could not tell me what the problem is. I recovered my laptop and suddenly it worked again.

i got everything to work by just updating.now my club vaio one is just telling me version 1.1 when is used to redirect me.

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Carelino

Would be nice if the program worked, but it doesn't

amj.designs
Visitor

Carelino

Would be nice if the program worked, but it doesn't

ok now i know i thought iv done something wrong thanks again

profile.country.en_NL.title
Carelino
Visitor

Carelino
i got everything to work by just updating.now my club vaio one is just telling me version 1.1 when is used to redirect me.

uhmmm...
:thinking:

Could you explain yourself here....updating what??? club vaio telling you version 1.1?????

Carelino
Visitor

He, I think I found the problem.....now I have to find the solution. When I go to help & support center and choose the option e-support and suboption Acces your e-support I get the same message:
"You are currently not connected to the internet. Please verify your connection and try again. If you need more information on how to set up your internet connection, click a link on the left.
To set up an internet connection now, click HERE to start the New Connection Wizard".

Well I click on the HERE and then I choose the option "view wireless networks in range". Then I can choose to connect to a wireless network. But the strange thing is (since I am already connected) the view in wireless networks tells me I am Disconnected on my own network.....and I can only choose to disconnect from a disconnected wireless network. But when I choose to connect again everything freezes....

stange very strange...

Carelino
Visitor

Well guys, I fixed the problem myself....

1. Go to help and support center
2. Click on support button
3. Click on the Supput option: "VAIO link"
4. Right here you should get the message that you are currently not connected to the internet. And that you should click HERE to set up one....Click on the HERE
Network wizard starts up....NOW if you have a WIRELESS connection DO NOT pick "view wireless networks in range". Just click on next and setup your network connection depending on your connnection.
When you are finshed VAIO UPDATE WILL WORK AGAIN, also VAIO LINK option in help and support.

GOOD LUCK

twowheeler
Visitor

"my club vaio" link doesn`t work either.it comes up with the error "failed to connect to the server" maybe someone could help me with this.After all shouldn`t these links work!

Carelino
Visitor

Did you read the message above you...this will fix you problem...

NONPT
Visitor

Hi

After I click on support button I get this:
...................................................................................................................
Welcome to Support

If you are connected to the Internet, there are a variety of ways to get help.
Remote Assistance enables your friends to view and work on your computer from anywhere.

Microsoft Online Assisted Support enables an online support professional to answer your questions.

Newsgroups provide a forum to communicate with other Windows users.

To get started, click a link under Support.

....................................................................................................................

The links I have under support on the left side are those:
....................................................................................................................
Ask a friend to help
Go to a Windows web site forum
...................................................................................................................

I think the VAIO update is down.

Thank you

alexjwatson
Visitor

Just found this link and you have saved the day ... woo hoo

The updater on my FE21S hasnt worked for a while but I just updated directly from Sony support.... That was unil I got sick of ZoneAlarm giving me problems so removed it and installed Comodo. Works great so far but the Comodo updater seemed to use the same settings as the vaio updater and have spent some serious time looking for a solution.

Next time will look here first

Cheers