Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio/Microsoft Product Key Invalid?

profile.country.en_GB.title
DemonDave
Visitor

Vaio/Microsoft Product Key Invalid?

Recently re-formatted my Vaio VGN-FW21L and have found the producy key for Microsoft no longer works for Office/Word.

Has anyone else had this problem? Does anyone know how to fix it? As usualy Vaio's help defies the word 'help'!!

Thanks

Dave

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Dave,

who did you purchase your version of Microsoft Office/Word from.?

DemonDave
Visitor

Sony, comes with th vaio with product key underneath the Vaio

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

DemonDave wrote:

Sony, comes with th vaio with product key underneath the Vaio

Are you referring to the Windows 7 product key on the base of your Vaio.?

If so this is a Windows 7 Certificate of Authenticity code issued by OEM companies & would not work with Office.?

Did you purchase a copy of Office/Word from Sony or was it per-installed.?

DemonDave
Visitor

Whatever came with it, the product key thats on the laptop worked on it previously, now since re-booting it doesn't.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi DemonDave,

do you have more than one sticker/product key on the base of your vaio..:smileyconfused:

Usually Vaio models are sold with Office trail pre-installed - How to activate your 60-day trial version of Microsoft Office 2007?

If you suspect that the sticker on the base of your Vaio was an activation code for the copy of Microsoft Office/Word that was pre-instaled then all I can suggest is that you contact the official vaio support team for further advice..

Contact Sony support

DemonDave
Visitor

I have one sticker on the bottom. I have already contacted them just awating a reply.

Whatever Word came on it previously, the key on the bottom worked with it, as I ran Office on the unti for close to 5yrs before re-formatting it.

Thanks Thalamus

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

DemonDave wrote:

I have one sticker on the bottom. I have already contacted them just awating a reply.

Whatever Word came on it previously, the key on the bottom worked with it, as I ran Office on the unti for close to 5yrs before re-formatting it.

Thanks Thalamus

I would be interested in knowing the outcome, could you please keep us updated.?

DemonDave
Visitor

Willk do bud