Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO ON THE WALL - SONY IS DRIVING ME UP IT

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
tonynunn
Visitor

VAIO ON THE WALL - SONY IS DRIVING ME UP IT

Has anyone managed to wall mount one of the 24in Vaio VPCL11 series using the built-in backplate? Sony is no help at all although it makes the desktop and highlights the wall mounting feature in the manual. Thank you if you know the answer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi tonynunn,

The manual says:

Preparing for Wall Mounting
Four mounting studs and six screws, which are compliant with the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) mounting
standard, are supplied with your computer for connecting the computer to your mounting system.

This means any VESA Wall mount will do the job.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=vesa+wall+mount&x=0&y...

Hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi tonynunn,

The manual says:

Preparing for Wall Mounting
Four mounting studs and six screws, which are compliant with the Video Electronics Standards Association (VESA) mounting
standard, are supplied with your computer for connecting the computer to your mounting system.

This means any VESA Wall mount will do the job.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=vesa+wall+mount&x=0&y...

Hope this helps.

Kindest regards,

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
tonynunn
Visitor

Thanks for that Nico. Your were quick off the mark and pointed me towards some good Vogels tilting wall mounts. Sony UK  worried me by telling my vendor that wall mounting might do damage to their big Vaio so why put in a mounting plate I thought.  In seeking help I've also hoped to hear from other users who'd gone down that route . I'd like to allay my fears. Thank you. Many best wishes, Tony