Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO pcg-61813m keyboard problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
ATCOTWO
Visitor

VAIO pcg-61813m keyboard problem

My daughter's nice red laptop with backlit keyboard has developed a keyboard problem just one month after the 1 year warranty expired. Some of the keys are typing the wrong letters or mixture of letters and numbers. The backspace doesn't work properly. The internal keyboard works perfectly. Hugely disappointed with Sony reliability as others online seem to be having the same problem.  Unable to locate a spare keyboard online - can anyone advise where I can get one? Have already tried numerous online companies.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi ATCOTWO,

You are quoting the chassis number which may explain why you are having difficulty locating the part. Have a look on the original box, in the BIOS or Vaio Control Centre for the product number - you may find that it is VPCCA2S0E or similar.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
ATCOTWO
Visitor

Cheers Rich I'll try that

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You’re welcome ATCOTWO. Let us know whether you need further assistance.

BTW I liked your diplomatic answer to the forgotten password question – always a difficult subject not knowing the background. Also good to see new members posting answers rather than just asking for help :slight_smile:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
ATCOTWO
Visitor

Searched for part on Google using part number instead of chassis number and managed to locate a company in Kent with 2 new keyboards in stock. Helpful guy managed to track the right part down by my computer serial number. Will wait and see what arrives but can recommend them on customer service:

CTS (UK)

Tel: 01634 681111