Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio replacement keyboard.

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
alicia.c
Visitor

Vaio replacement keyboard.

Hi everyone!

I've got a Sony Vaio FS215B laptop. It's quite old now, but still works OK. However a couple of the keys from the keyboard are broken. I've searched ebay for replacement keys, but it seems it would be cheaper to replace the entire keyboard. I would like to know who sells these? I've tried several websites, not none can supply it, I think because this is an old model. Does anyone know the model number of the keyboard? Will another Vaio's keyboard work?

Thanks very much. I look forward to any replies!

Alicia.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Alicia,

If you haven’t already done so it may be worth checking out this US based company for replacement keys – they do ship to Europe and the prices are reasonable.

http://www.replacementlaptopkeys.com/servlet/the-767/Sony-Vaio-VGN-dsh-FZ-ALL/Detail

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
umzyi99
Visitor

Hi Alicia,

From what i know Sony doesnt supply the part and unfortunately you will have to replace it yourself if you want to save.

The best place to get the keyboard is through ebay. Type "vaio FS keyboard" on the search bar and you will see a big list. if you are afraid of replacing the keyboard yourself, I suggest you contact the local laptop repair shop, they might be able to do fix it cheaper than the sony out of warranty services.

Good Luck

Riaz

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Alicia,

If you haven’t already done so it may be worth checking out this US based company for replacement keys – they do ship to Europe and the prices are reasonable.

http://www.replacementlaptopkeys.com/servlet/the-767/Sony-Vaio-VGN-dsh-FZ-ALL/Detail

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
alicia.c
Visitor

Thanks for your posts guys. I'll take another look on ebay for some new replacement keys, however I think I'll end up ordered brand new original keys from the website Rich suggested.

Thanks again!

Alicia.