Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Stability Improvement Patch problem

SOLVED
profile.country.el_GR.title
WilliamStark
New

VAIO Stability Improvement Patch problem

Hi! i have bought recently a VAIO SVE1512C6EW. i have started VAIO update and when it tries to install VAIO Stability Improvement Patch, after the restart it says installation failed and the error code is 0xA0011000. Is there anything i can do? Thank you!!!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_BE.title
JiveMix
Community Team

As explained above, the patch in question is installed properly on your PC and you don't need to reinstall it again. The only issue at the moment is that VAIO Update continues offerring you this update over again and displays an error mesage when the patch installation completes. This is a configuration problem on the server (not on your PC) which has been corrected, but it takes some time before the change is reflected in VAIO Update locally on your PC. So, please wait.

If you don't wish to wait, you can force VAIO Update to sync with the server by deleting the local cache. Please try this:

0. Unhide hidden folders (open Windows File Explorer -> click "View" --> place a mark in the "Hidden items" checkbox. Now you will be able to view your hidden files and folders)

1. Close VAIO Update program if it is currently running

2. Navigate to the hidden directory: "Local Disk (C:)\ProgramData\Sony Corporation\VAIO Update"

3. Delete the sub-folder 'LocalUpdateInfo_V2.0'

4. Restart VAIO Update program

5. Go to the section 'Check for updates'

6. Click the button "Refresh" (Note: the button "Refresh" is situated in the upper right corner of the VAIO Update's main window between the buttons "History" and "Settings")

Pease let us know if the above steps solve the problem on your PC.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
JiveMix
Community Team

Hi,

There was a problem with one update offered through VAIO Update: 'VAIO Stability Improvement Patch'. This update displayed an installation failed error after the update installation completed. Sony is already aware of this problem and has already taken some action yesterday to resolve it on the VAIO Update server. It may take some time before the changes are reflected onto your PC. Could you check it again this afternoon and let us know if you still see the same problem? Your feedback would be very much appreciated. Note this patch does install properly on your PC even though it displays a failed error at the end of the installation process. The root cause of the error resides on the server and is being corrected.

profile.country.en_GB.title
than8x
Visitor

I have a VAIO SVE15 135CXS. I have started VAIO update and install VAIO Improvement Update Verson 1.0.0.04020 after the restart it says installation failed (error code : 0xA0011000) . Is there anything i can do? Thank you!!!

JiveMix
Community Team

As explained above, the patch in question is installed properly on your PC and you don't need to reinstall it again. The only issue at the moment is that VAIO Update continues offerring you this update over again and displays an error mesage when the patch installation completes. This is a configuration problem on the server (not on your PC) which has been corrected, but it takes some time before the change is reflected in VAIO Update locally on your PC. So, please wait.

If you don't wish to wait, you can force VAIO Update to sync with the server by deleting the local cache. Please try this:

0. Unhide hidden folders (open Windows File Explorer -> click "View" --> place a mark in the "Hidden items" checkbox. Now you will be able to view your hidden files and folders)

1. Close VAIO Update program if it is currently running

2. Navigate to the hidden directory: "Local Disk (C:)\ProgramData\Sony Corporation\VAIO Update"

3. Delete the sub-folder 'LocalUpdateInfo_V2.0'

4. Restart VAIO Update program

5. Go to the section 'Check for updates'

6. Click the button "Refresh" (Note: the button "Refresh" is situated in the upper right corner of the VAIO Update's main window between the buttons "History" and "Settings")

Pease let us know if the above steps solve the problem on your PC.

WilliamStark
New

Yes it worked perfectly! thank you very much for the help!!!

JiveMix
Community Team

Thank you too very much for taking the time to try this workaround and for sharing your positive feedback!

miata75
Visitor

Good morning.

I am located in Greece and whenever i try to install the latest vaio improvement patch there is an error message after the extraction of the files telling me that "this program will not run on this machine. The installation will be cancelled". I am really frustrated about this issue since i have tried both on the UK's and Greeece's support site with no luck. Any advice will be much appreciated.

I own a SVS1311H3EW machine.