Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio SVE1713M1EB Memory Upgrade

SOLVED
profile.country.GR.title
siegmund10
Explorer

Vaio SVE1713M1EB Memory Upgrade

Could any kind soul inform me where to find the technical characteristics of the specific 4GB DDR3 memory slot that I need for adding-upgrading RAM to Vaio SVE1713M1EB ?

Please note that I wouldn't like to open the machine to find out as it's still on warranty.

Besides please don't reply to contact the technical support as I've already placed this request to them and they replied that I need to order without further details, something that I'm not interested at the moment.

A reply to that would be highly appreciated !

Many thanks in advance !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi siegmund10 and welcome to the Sony Users Community.

I can't find specifications for your SVE1713M1E but there are specifications for the SVE1713S1E which has the same memory as yours but has 6GB installed in the factory.  I presume your model has 4GB installed at the factory.

Memory Size (GB)

Memory Type

PC3-12800

Memory Specification

DDR3 SDRAM

Memory Composition

4 GB (SO-DIMM) x 1 + 2 GB (SO-DIMM) x 1

Memory Speed (MHz)

Max. Supported Memory (GB)

However, the modules will be the same specification.

Most of us here use and trust Crucial because they guarantee compatibility. 

There are compatibility problems with some Corsair modules - I don't recommend them.

:wink:

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi siemund,

the easiest way to check what RAM is currently installed in your VAIO is to go to Cruical.com & run the System Scanner.

The Crucial System Scanner will inform you what RAM is installed & list compatible upgrades for your Vaio . Have a look at this youtube clip

Tags (2)
profile.country.GR.title
siegmund10
Explorer

Thanks for your reply, however I've run the scanner you've recommended and the results don't mention something very crucial for buying the detected memory slots. How much MHz do they have ?

The (supposedly) compatible list on the right side vary in MHz. Some are 1600 other 1300 and so on.

Therefore I suspect that this site is only for advertising and not actually to be trusted.

Besides if you read other users comments you'll see that my suspicions are not to be neglected.

Any more ideas ?
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi siegmund10 and welcome to the Sony Users Community.

I can't find specifications for your SVE1713M1E but there are specifications for the SVE1713S1E which has the same memory as yours but has 6GB installed in the factory.  I presume your model has 4GB installed at the factory.

Memory Size (GB)

Memory Type

PC3-12800

Memory Specification

DDR3 SDRAM

Memory Composition

4 GB (SO-DIMM) x 1 + 2 GB (SO-DIMM) x 1

Memory Speed (MHz)

Max. Supported Memory (GB)

However, the modules will be the same specification.

Most of us here use and trust Crucial because they guarantee compatibility. 

There are compatibility problems with some Corsair modules - I don't recommend them.

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Yeah - I've used Crucial on several occasions and they have always been great.

profile.country.GR.title
siegmund10
Explorer

@ Blencogo

This indeed looks to me like a professional reply, however I insist that Crucial site is not to be trusted as anybody could be misguided by the compatibility results.

Even if they guarantee, why should I get into trouble ordering from them only for replacing sometime later ?

Anyway I can't find words to thank you !!!

Hi Siegmund10

I know this reply will be ~ a week old, but I wanted to write personally to let you know you can trust Crucial's site. My name is Thomas Thor and I am the Sr. Compatibility Analyst for Crucial.com.

This page is a few years old, but it's still valid: http://www.crucial.com/support/people_behind_advisor.aspx

My main responsibility at Crucial.com as the Sr. Compatibility Analyst is the Crucial System Scanner Tool. I manually create a Crucial Scanner Match of each system as accurately as possible. Unfortunately, there are a lot of computer systems in the world and as such I do not have all of them loaded in my database. I do however, try to create a number of matches each day.

When we have a customer who does not receive a Scanner match, they have an opportunity to submit an email to crucialscanner@micron.com for additional help. I read each and every email that comes in. In the cases I can create a compatibility match, I will within a day (not counting weekends.) Some instances I am not able to create a compatibility database match due to the lack of information the system provides, but we may still be able to recommend a Crucial product that will be compatible for that system.

I appreciate the reply's given by members of this forum to you regarding Crucial.com and our products. To me, this means we are doing a pretty good job assisting those who are looking for information. They also remind me to not take anything for granted and that we are being held accountable for the information we provide.

I've researched the Vaio SVE1713M1EB and have added it to our Scanner Match Database. This system shipped with 4GB of PC3-12800 memory, Intel Core i5-3230M, Intel HM76 chipset, WD 750GB HDD and a Radeon HD 7650M video controller. Our 4GB PC3-12800 part number is: CT4560173.

I would love to have you order your memory upgrade, or even an SSD upgrade, from Crucial.com. I know we have the people, tools and product that your system requires. I hope I have been of some help in providing the information you have requested. If you need additional information regarding your specific system, please email me at crucialscanner@micron.com with your specific ScannerID and I'll help you to the best of my ability (hardware questions only please)

Regards,

Thomas Thor.

profile.country.GR.title
siegmund10
Explorer

As I told you in your home page as well your correct results came out too late and in cases that some models are not in your database it would be much better if your scanner provide a message like "Unknown System" rather than wrong results.

Only this way misunderstandings could be avoided.
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Thomas,
Welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Thanks for taking the time to post on our forum, I found it an interesting read and it's encouraging to know you you are available to assist others..