Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio TZ - my club vaio and network/bluetooth problems

mussywill
Visitor

Vaio TZ - my club vaio and network/bluetooth problems

Hi there,

I just bought a TZ11 and I'm pretty happy with the general package but some of the bundled software is causing my grief. I had to uninstall the network software (Smart Network I think it was called) because it kept thinking it had found a new network so I was defining my (unchanged) home network everytime I turned it on.

Anyway, this has left me with the complete inability to turn bluetooth off. I can turn WLAN and BT off with the switch, but not just the BT. Help was no help and there doesn't seem to be anything in Vista that will allow me to turn it off. It's incredibly frustrating, especially as I'm used to Thinkpads which have all these tricks in their FN keys.

Also, My Club Vaio keeps crashing, even after the patch update, due to errors in Synchapp.exe. I'm getting the impression that Sony are good at the design side of things but totally useless when it comes to ergonomics and software...

If anyone has any clues how to fix these issues that would be great. I don't really want to go back to factory settings because then I'll just have to spend ages installing things I need and uninstalling all the guff that comes with it.

thanks, Will

1 REPLY 1
mussywill
Visitor

Bump.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Vaio Smart Network software seems very flaky and now I'm operating without it, but I still have no idea how to turn bluetooth on or off natively with Vista.

Club Vaio still doesn't work - same error.

Also, a new problem has arisen in that the fingerprint recognition software is not always running on start up. This means that I can't swipe to login to Windows and have to use a password instead, as it says that the fingerprint reader is not connected (when clearly it is).

These are all software problems, so I'm getting really tempted to just totally format the machine and install XP of Vista on it's own.