Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update wont install 'Vaio Care Recovery Updater'

rochie61
New

Vaio Update wont install 'Vaio Care Recovery Updater'

Hi

I have only had my Vaio laptop 2 weeks.

However, I cannot create recovery disks as when I try to create them, It says first I must oinstall the Vaio Care Recovery software.

When I attempt to run Vaio update, it shows the 'Vaio Care Recovery' as an automatic update, but when I try to update it, it says fails and says 'please wait and try again later'

I have waited and tried several times now to no avail.

Thanks

David

84 REPLIES 84
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Excellent news DragonPing:smileyhappy:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
soiluan
New

Hi!

I have a same kind of problem. My Vaio care Recovery won't update. My model is SVF154B1EM.

My orginal problem is with windows 8.1, I can't get into any apps and the Windows Update won't update...

//soiluan

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi soiluan,

You will need to find the correct product name in order to find the manual download on the Support site. It will start SVF1541***- have a look in Vaio Control Center >System Information > Product Information, Vaio Care or in the BIOS.

Once you have the correct model name click ‘Support’ at the top of this page and enter this in the search field. You will find the update under Win 8.1 Software – you will need to click ‘Show all downloads’ to find it.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
zbcssony
New

Hey thanks a lot Sony for not addressing a serious issue!

The iolo update for the new/replacement for Vaio Care THAT I PAID FOR is **** too !

I am not alone in being unable to install the critical Vaio Care Recovery as is it is not even available for Win 7 !

MY SOLUTION:

Uninstall your current Vaio Care and install the origional Vaio Care Ver. 5.0.1.1320.

Note: USB is not an option only dvd..

Not only will the Recovery app work, this version is faster and easier to operate than the iolo/last Sony version.

Thanks again Sony for the legacy support, especially for us Win 7 users who didnt fall for the latest Windows - worse than "*****" (Vista) -  Win 8.

soiluan
New

Thank you for help,

Tried to upload from the support bbut did not work. Some kind of Windows Installer -problem now.

//soiluan

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi soiluan,

This is a new one – can you please let us know your correct product name and a link to the file you are trying to install.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
soiluan
New

Hi Rich,

my model is SVF1541M1EW (this is in my Vaio care Model name: section), so i tried to download http://www.sony.fi/support/fi/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/EP0000321308_9605/SVF1541M1E

When I try to install this error: Error 1720. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or packkage vendor. Custom action SetCRMFolderPermission script error -2147217405,:...

I would like to reinstall the factory settings, but I can't because I don't  have this Vaio care recovery.

If you have any advice for me that would be great. And yes I have googled everything...

//soiluan

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi soiluan,

I think this is related to your system rather than the update package as we have had no other reports. Presumably if you are trying to return to factory settings you are experiencing problems with the system?

I have no experience of this installer problem but a Google suggests that an automatic Microsoft repair may be the solution – I assume that it works with all versions of Windows.

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Loekie1
Explorer

Hello, I have the same problem. My model is svj2022c5e. I see no solution on the support site.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Loekie1,

Have you tried the manual download from the support site?

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-comp/EP0000321308_9605/SVJ2022C5E

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat