Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Updates dated 01/07/11

profile.country.en_GB.title
jamtoday
Explorer

VAIO Updates dated 01/07/11

I've tried four times to download program updates PMB VAIO Edition Plug-in 1.5.10.06150 and Media Gallery 1.4.3.16250. Each time the download completes and then a message appears saying Wait a while, then try again. The error code is 0xA001003. All the previous program updates installed OK.

My PC is a VPCL13M1E running Windows 7 64bit. Anyone else experiencing this?

Message was edited by: jamtoday

Message was edited by: jamtoday

26 REPLIES 26
stevepearson_ksa
Visitor

I have the same problem dowloading the update "pmb vaio edition plugin 1.5.10.06150" for a VPCEB4E4E.

8 times I have gone through the pain of the download and every time an error - this is wasting both my time and my bandwidth.

Not the first time I've had problems with an update download using Vaio update, frankly I think it may be time to go back to my Toshiba if these problems are not corrected!

The site is also very slow and no it's not my internet connection.

It's high time Sony sorted this out......and quickly.

stockgrove
Visitor

Had a response from Sony.  They are checking installation file validity.  I will post anything I get from them but I have also alerted them to this thread.

gscholefield
Explorer

Hi all, it looks like Sony have fixed the problem as i have just successfully downloaded "pmb vaio edition plug-in" direct form their web site, unfortunately still no joy with the "media gallery 1.4.3.16250" through vaio update or direct from the web site!

Gary

stockgrove
Visitor

PMB Plugin update has disappeared from my list of automatic updates but no sign of it having been downloaded and installed successfully.  Media Gallery update still there but the problem with this update still exists.

gscholefield
Explorer

PMB plug-in longer appears on automatic updates but you can download direct from Sony support without any problems now.

Gary

Message was edited by: gscholefield

Message was edited by: gscholefield

stockgrove
Visitor

PMB Plugin success - thanks Gary. (Download painfully slow though)

fedupster
Visitor

Sony advised me to completely reboot the computer to resolve the software issues pleased to say it worked  that is probably until they next issue a vaio update

stockgrove
Visitor

Rebooting has not worked for me.  Sony inform me that they are now checking the file integrity of the MediaGallery download.  Unlike the PMB update this does not download successfully from their website for me.

Bus_ter
Visitor

The update has reappeared for me, but still doesn't work!

fedupster
Visitor

Update to the following information regarding the software updates sony state if it refuses to download the updates via the vaio update programme or via the website we will have to go to the vaio recovery center and restore the full system to resolve the issue took me about 6 hours before the computer was running normally considering the amount of windows updates and vaio updates it had to reinstall find it totally unacceptable that the vaio updates seem to be nothing but a pain in the neck anyone agree ? certainly will not purchase another sony vaio in the future