Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO Updates dated 01/07/11

profile.country.en_GB.title
jamtoday
Explorer

VAIO Updates dated 01/07/11

I've tried four times to download program updates PMB VAIO Edition Plug-in 1.5.10.06150 and Media Gallery 1.4.3.16250. Each time the download completes and then a message appears saying Wait a while, then try again. The error code is 0xA001003. All the previous program updates installed OK.

My PC is a VPCL13M1E running Windows 7 64bit. Anyone else experiencing this?

Message was edited by: jamtoday

Message was edited by: jamtoday

26 REPLIES 26
stockgrove
Visitor

Seems that Sony Support is delivering mixed messages.  The latest advice I have been given is to recover to the original versions of MediaGallery and Vaio Entertainment Platform.  Then from that point manually update as necessary from the website.  Hardly user friendly.  I have not attempted this yet but if it fails my inclination is simply to remove MediaGallery from my PC.  Not a great loss and indeed I have seen others describe it as "bloatware". I reckon Sony seriously needs to get its act together since it is likely this dialogue represents just the tip of an iceberg.

fedupster
Visitor

What is the point of Sony Support each advisor gives you different information to resolve the problem

Bus_ter
Visitor

@Fedupster

Doing a system restore just for an update you don't really need or notice is a huge waste of time and effort.

Sometimes I think Sony use the 'Do a system Restore' answer as a generic solution to ANY problem you have. I have so much software installed and setup on my laptop that a system restore would be an absolute last resort.

fedupster
Visitor

I think the laptops would work better without any of their software being preloaded on the vaio in the first place leaving us the choice to decide what programmes we need to install

stockgrove
Visitor

I do not know if Sony Support monitors these discussions but it would be good if they joined and gave us all the benefit of their definitive advice on a matter as troublesome as these latest updates.

stockgrove
Visitor

The lack of recent posts does not indicate that the problem with the Media Gallery update has been solved - it hasn't.  Sony Support have recently come back to me to state that they have tested the download and it is OK, ie it works for them.  I have sent them screen shots and now they are trying to replicate the problem.  Will post again if anything useful comes from this.  (I was also advised to do a complete restore but I would rather forget Media Gallery than spend days rebuilding my PC.)

If anyone with this problem has found a fix, I would like to hear about it?

Message was edited by: stockgrove

Message was edited by: stockgrove

stockgrove
Visitor

Did a complete restore using Vaio Care and then updated everything from scratch.  A long process and a great pain but everything updated OK in due course.