Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGC-LA1 recovery discs

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
deecey6
Visitor

Vaio VGC-LA1 recovery discs

Hi All,

I have decided its time to part with my all in one Vaio and get something a bit newer, the trouble is when i finally created a set of recovery discs, i had been using the PC for 3 months which now has a lot of my programs and files on that i dont want to give to the new owner.

Is there a place or can you get these from or do Sony supply these? Ive been looking but not found much.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Message was edited by: deecey6

Message was edited by: deecey6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi deecey6,

The recovery disks you have created will not contain any personal data or third party programs no matter when they were made.

The disks are used to return the computer to "as delivered". You should also be able to reset to factory default by tapping F10 at boot to access the recovery utility on the hidden recovery partition.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi deecey6,

The recovery disks you have created will not contain any personal data or third party programs no matter when they were made.

The disks are used to return the computer to "as delivered". You should also be able to reset to factory default by tapping F10 at boot to access the recovery utility on the hidden recovery partition.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.en_GB.title
deecey6
Visitor

Hey Rich,

You learn something new every day, i just assumed all the programs and stuff saved on the computer would be copied to the recovery disc when i made them.

Thanks a lot!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're welcome deecey6 :slight_smile:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat