Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio VGC-LT2S

profile.country.en_GB.title
33dolphin
Visitor

Vaio VGC-LT2S

The hard drive failed on my Vaio, after replaceing the HDD and buying a set of recovery discs from Sony I attempted to recover the system.

Unfortunatley the recovery process keeps failing as windows does not see the new HDD

BOIS recognised the drive OK

System asked for HDD driver, but I can not identify the HDD drivers on the recovery disc

please help

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

That is very strange.  Because the operating system is WINDOWS VISTA the SATA hard disc should be recognised automatically by the system.

Are you sure you selected VISTA Home Premium as the operating system before you go to the Vaio Recovery Centre?

Are you using the Sony provided recovery discs in the right order and are they the correct sort for your model?

Are you following the instructions as per Page 39 of your Recovery and Troubleshooting Guide: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/RecoTS/2008Q1_RT_EN.pdf

It does sound like you are trying to install Windows XP which does not support SATA hard drives or you are using Disc 2 rather than Disc 1.

Can you give us the full error messages please?

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
33dolphin
Visitor

Hi Blencogo

On the screen where you can slelct the operating system and drive no options are desplayed.

The note on screen  says if no drive is shown, then select a driver.

I can access the driver folder on the recovery disc's but I do not know which driver to load

The recovery disc's are sony supplied for the LT2S and I am useing Disc 1.

As the hard drive is brand new, does it need to be formatted first ?

Althow BIOS "sees" the drive, the only drive found with MSDOS is the DVD Recovery disc

I will upload screen shots of the screen later

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The driver you need is something like this one: -

SATA Driver Intel (Non-RAID) - 7.0A-7.0.0.1020

Is there one similar available?

:thinking: